3rd Grade Music Notes
Our First Quarter Learning Goals
- I will be able to follow the rules of music while singing, moving, and playing instruments.
- I will be able to sing and create songs using solfege (do, re, mi, so, la)
- I will be able to draw (and count) a whole note.
- I will be able to perform an ostinato (repeated pattern)
- I will be able to read music.
- I will be able to create movement to match the music
Songs We Have Learned
- Hello, There
- Up The Ladder, Down the Ladder
- Fuzzy Wuzzy
- Cobbler, Cobbler- we created movement in groups!
- Down to the Baker's Shop
- La Raspa (Mexican Folk Dance)
- Little Birch Tree
- Scotland's Burning
- We also composed our own "Spooky Song" using autoharps and non-traditional playing methods.
Our 3rd Grade Concert is April 7at 6pm
Dates to Remember
December 10: JM 2nd Grade Nutcracker 6pm, grandparents Day 2pm
January 28th: JM 1st grade Informance 2pm (1Jo/1Ev/1La)
January 30th: JM 1st grade Informance 2pm (1Ti/1Pe)
February 21st: JM 4th Grade Drama Club presents Alice in Wonderland! 6pm
February 22nd: JM 4th Grade Drama Club presents Alice in Wonderland! 2pm
March 3rd: JM 5th Grade Concert (5St/5Sm/5Pa) 6pm
March 5th: JM 5th Grade Concert (5Ba/5Me/5Pr) 6pm
April 7th: JM 3rd Grade Concert 6pm
May 11-15 Talent Day in Music Class (during their regular music class period)
Who Is Mr. Everybody?
You can learn more about Mr. Everybody's Musical Apartment by visiting the JM Music Website: http://hobart.schoolwires.com/Page/3190