#PascsoMath HII 5
High Impact Instruction: 5 News & Notes
I am excited to introduce the #PascoMath HII 5 newsletter. The newsletter will be distributed monthly and cover five topics: Coaches’ Corner, Teacher HII-Light, IPG monthly focus, Up Coming, and PD Opportunities.
The HII-Light section will be used to spotlight secondary math teachers doing excellent work. For this, #PascoMath will require teacher, coach, and administrative support. Please use this link to recommend teachers to be recognized.
#PascoMath Coaches & Specialists
I would like to introduce you to #PascoMath’s talented coaches. Angie, Anthony, Deborah, Kim, Nelson, Stephanie, Mary, Michelle, and Zack support teachers, students, and administrators. Their professional experiences are valuable and deserve to be shared. A coach will share thoughts, experiences, and/or practical implementation tips on high impact instruction monthly.
The instructional Practice Guide is a recommended tool to support teachers and coaches when planning, reflecting, collaborating, and coaching. It is made up of core actions and indicators. In this section, #PascoMath will provide a focused looked at one indicator, which will include planning tools and Pasco County math teachers' examples.
Middle School Textbook Adoption Process
The textbooks being considered for 6-8 math are Discovery Ed’s Math Techbook and Open Up. Below you will find a general process with current status and next steps.
- Publishers Submit Letter of Agreement (C)
- School Based Review Team Reviews Submitted Curriculum and Choose Two Finalist (C)
- Schools Review Finalist and Submit School Vote (Open Up - 10: Math Techbook-5) (C)
- School vote results and Materials presented to District Instructional Materials Team.
- District Instructional Materials Team submit adoption recommendation for board approval
- Board reviews recommendation and votes
*(C) = completed
January (Dates TBD): Day 2 of Core PD: Walkthroughs
January 23rd and 24th: New Teacher PD at District OfficeJanuary 31st: Deadline for teams to submit videos for the Math Competition