Weekly Family Newsletter
Week 2 Message from our Principal, Ms. Limon
Thank you for helping us get off to a fantastic start. The first week of school was a success! As we are getting into routines for the year, there are a couple of things I want to remind you of:
- School begins at 7:45 a.m. Students should be in their seats by then, so please make sure to have them walking in the front door BEFORE 7:45 a.m. Tardy passes are administered beginning at 7:50.
- If a student misses more than 20 minutes of the school day, they will receive a 1/2 day absence. This applies if your child comes late or is picked up early due to a doctor appointment. Remember to submit the doctor note so it is an excused absence.
- All documentation of an absence should be turned in ASAP but no later than 3 days after the absence. If your child is ill for a prolonged period of time, make sure to communicate with the attendance office, nurse or teacher so we can support you and their grades do not suffer.
- If you have any questions or concerns, communicate with us so we are on the same page. Class Dojo is the easiest way to message each other but you are welcomed to call the office as well.
- Class Dojo and this newsletter are our main source of communication. Make sure to read your Class Dojo newsfeed for important information!
We look forward to an awesome year, working together for the success of our beautiful students! We Are the Eagles, Watch Us Soar!
DISD helping families get FREE internet
No Visitors at this time
Effective Tuesday, August 10, to protect staff and students from the spread of the highly contagious Delta variant of the coronavirus, Dallas ISD is temporarily requiring all staff, students and visitors to wear masks when on district property.
The announcement comes as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Dallas County Health officials have raised the COVID-19 alert to level red and reported that hospitalizations are rising at the fastest rate since the pandemic began, among all age groups, including children. Students under 12 are not eligible for a vaccine, however, school attendance is mandatory, and virtual learning is not an option at this time.
In keeping with the top priority of safeguarding the health and well-being of staff and students, the district will continue to provide masks and sanitizer at district facilities and will continue contact tracing.
Governor Abbott’s order does not limit the district’s rights as an employer and educational institution to establish reasonable and necessary safety rules for its staff and students. Dallas ISD remains committed to the safety of our students and staff.
We still have space in PK!
YMCA After School Program
Check out the flyer below if you are interested in signing up for the YMCA's After School Program on our Dan D. Rogers Campus!Cost - $71 a week for parents / $53 for DISD employees
General Attendance Agreement
Every year, Dallas ISD asks parents to complete an official attendance notification and truancy pledge. Previously this form has been provided by the campus but, this year, parents can complete this form online. Please click here to complete the required form. You will need your child's Student Number and Parent Access ID. Call the office if you need help with this information.
Parents/Guardians can monitor student attendance records via Parent Portal on an ongoing basis.
September is Attendance Awareness Month!
Rogers Parent and Family Interest Survey
Box Tops Are HERE!!
Uniform Assistance Program
Please reach out to our community liaison, Amy Rich at email@example.com, if you are in need of uniform assistance.
Fall Sports at the Y!