Kindergarten Knightly News
Learning, Loving, & Growing
We will be reviewing our previous 9 weeks standards, as well as introducing our new 9 weeks standards. We also will be reaping the benefits of all our Boosterthon awards! Woohoo! Check out a tentative plan below.
Wedneday 10/14- Extra recess time
Thursday 10/15- Magic School Bus Video (student choice)
Friday-10/16 Extra center time and a Popsicle Party!
Monday 10/19- 50th Day of School Celebration
Thursday 10/22- Stuffed Animal Day (bring your stuffed animal to school-must fit in backpack!)
Friday 10/23- Game Day (bring a board game to school- This is our "Golden Clock" award)
What Happened This Week...
- We had a WONDERFUL time on the field trip. We learned so much and had fun, even with the drizzly weather! Thank you to our volunteers who helped us make it a successful trip!
- Our class discussed that writers write stories that are true and have three parts (beginning, middle, and end). We practiced telling our stories "across our fingers" and then told our stories to a friend. After, we wrote our stories down. I was so impressed at how our students are putting words together to make sentences and stretching out sounds of words they don't know. They did a GREAT job!
- We read Roller Coaster. We discussed the beginning, middle, and end of the story, as well as the story elements. We are getting really good at discussing books with each other.
- Our class reviewed numbers 11-20 and put them in order.
- We investigated how things move. We used objects to slide & roll. We also learned about pushes and pulls. We used movement to create ice cream in a bag. Through our investigation, we learned that the ice cream won't be solid if it doesn't move enough (but it still tastes good!).
Boosterthon Fun Run
You guys did an amazing job and I feel so blessed to have such great kids and parents who support our school. You rock!
Things to Know
Golden Clock Award
- Monday, October 12th & Tuesday, October 13th- NO SCHOOL
- Wednesday, October 15th- Woodruff Arts/Alliance Theater In-House field trip
- Monday, October 19th- 50th Day of School! Dress up in 1950s attire (check email for more information)
- Monday-Friday, October 26th-30th- Red Ribbon Week
- Friday, October 30th- Book Character Day- Dress up like a book character (note will come home on Tuesday)