PLN4UDL Fall UDL Foundations
presented by Oakland schools
November 4th - Get your UDL on!
Join national speaker Katie Novak and Oakland county educators as they lay out the foundations of UDL and how it not only supports but enhances instructional design, Common Core, formative assessment, new ESSA guidelines, and technology integration.
This is not your average professional learning series... this is an EVENT! Giveaways, Swag Bags, Katie Novak's best selling book UDL NOW, and so much more! These events are open to ALL educators and cost is $15.00/per event, don't miss out.
So What Is Universal Design for Learning?
Featured Speaker- Katie Novak
Katie Novak is currently the Assistant Superintendent of the Groton-Dunstable Regional School District. With 14 years of experience in teaching and administration and an earned doctorate in curriculum and teaching, Katie designs and presents workshops both nationally and internationally focusing on teacher implementation of Universal Design for Learning (UDL), multi tiered systems of support, and next generation skills. Some professional highlights and publications are below.She is a member of the Harvard Graduate School of Education's UDL Summer Institute faculty and the CAST UDL faculty cadre.
Katie Writes Too...
- Author of best-selling book on inclusive education, UDL Now! A Teacher’s Monday Morning Guide to Common Core Implementation using Universal Design for Learning
- UDL in the Cloud with co-author Tom Thibodeau, published by CAST Professional Publishing.
- A Scene Shifter: Personalization Under UDL, School Administrator Magazine, November, 2015
- Universally Designed Leadership: Applying UDL to Systems and Schools with co-author Kristan Rodriguez, CAST Professional Publishing, September 2016
- Revised and Expanded Edition: UDL Now! Again: A Teacher’s Guide to Applying Universal Design for Learning in Today’s Classrooms, CAST Professional Publishing, September 2016