North Elementary School- January 7, 2016
Duties for the week of January 11
SPECIAL CLASS: Week 2
BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION/LOUNGE DUTY: Mary, Holly, Janna Deidre, Nicole
YEE HAWS!!!!! = 15
Calendar of Events
Thursday, January 7
- Grade Cards Go Home
- Staffing (non-public) at 7:45 am in the office
- Blue Ribbon Writing Party at 9:00 am in room 110
- Fire Drill at 1:30 pm (Weather Permitting)
Friday, January 8
- Brag Tags Needed List and Pencil Bags (to return brag tags to you) due to Cissy
- Brag Tags Student Lists due to Barb - Email please
- Blue Ribbon Writing Papers due to Fariba by 3:00 pm please
Saturday, January 9
- Happy Birthday, Dee!
Monday, January 11
- Happy Birthday, Teri!
- Jen out
- Barb out in the morning
- IEP (4Stoner) at 9:00 am in the office (Cissy to LEA)
- Staffing (KT) at 12:30 pm in the office
- Magazine Sale Assemblies in the cafeteria: Grades 3-5 at 1:30 pm and Grades K-2 at 1:50 pm. You will not be called to this assembly.
- Service Plan at 3:15 pm in the office
- Board of Education meeting at 6:00 pm at BOE
Tuesday, January 12
- PBTE Meeting at 8:00 am at BOE (Barb out)
- IEP (5L) at 3:15 pm in the office
Wednesday, January 13
- Early Dismissal at 1:00 pm
Thursday, January 14
- ICLE meeting (Barb out- morning)
- PTO Science Assemblies in the gym: Grades K-1- Creepy Chemistry 8:30-9:00 am; Grades 2-3 - Now Hear this 9:15-9:45 am; Grades 4-5- It's a Blast 10:00-10:30 am (Laura to seat students, introduce and dismiss)
- Hip to Clip Pizza Parties in the classrooms beginning at 1:50 pm (Schaefer, Carter, Moats, Griggs, Gosche, Lawson)
- IEP (3G) at 3:15 pm in room 110
Friday, January 15
- Brag Tag Invitations Sent Home
- Lock Down Drill at 8:30 am
Happy January Birthdays to:
4- Kim Silvey
5- Amanda Lueckenhoff
9- Dee Atchison
11- Teri Enloe
20- Diana Mustain
26- Greg Schaefer
27- Carey Beckley
Drill Time/Date Changes
Brag Tag Notes
Early Dismissal Schedule
8:00-8:30- Grade 5
8:30-9:00- Grade 4
9:00-9:30- Grade 3
9:30-10:00- Grade 2
10:00-10:30- Grade 1
**Kindergarten with be the only grade to take an "optional recess" on early dismissal days. All other students will have lunch recess only.
Lunch and Recess
10:50-11:30- Grade 1
11:10-11:50- Grade 2
11:30-12:10- Grade 3
11:50-12:30- Grade 4
12:10-12:50- Grade 5
Early Dismissal Agenda
Required Annual Videos
This is a reminder that staff members are required to annually watch training videos. All training videos must be watched and completion forms submitted by February 1, 2016.
These training videos are required by state law and/or district policy, and you must annually provide confirmation that you have completed each of the training modules.
Once you have finished watching all required videos, you will log in to TalentEd Records and submit the completion form that is in your "Needs Attention" task list.
As a reminder, TalentEd Records functions best in Google Chrome. Your user name is your firstname.lastname and your password is what you use to log in to your computer each day.
Confidentiality Video- additional information for staff
The following is a copy of the Annual Notification of Directory Information that is given to parents at the beginning of each year. At enrollment, parents are asked if they wish to opt out of this. If a parent opts out, no directory information may be released at any time. Opting out would include inclusion in the yearbook, posting of birthday in the classroom, etc. Be sure you know who in your class has opted out of Directory Information this year. Carey maintains a list in the office.
The school district designates the following items as directory information.
General Directory Information- The following information the district maintains about a personally identifiable student may be disclosed by the district to the school community through, for example, district publications, or to any person without first obtaining written consent from a parent or eligible student:
- Student's name; date and place of birth; parents' names; grade level; enrollment status (e.g. full-time or part-time); student identification number; user identification or other unique personal identifier used by the student for the purposes of accessing or communicating in electronic systems as long as that information alone cannot be used to access protected educational records; participation in district-sponsored or district-recognized activities and sports; weight and heigt of members of athletic teams; dates of attendance; degrees, honors, and awards received; artwork or coursework displayed by the district; schools or school districts previously attended; and photographs, videotapes, digital images and recorded sound unless such records would be considered harmful or an invasion of privacy.
Limited Directory Information- In addition to general directory information, the following information the district maintains about a personally identifiable student may be disclosed to: school officials with a legitimate educational inters; parent groups or booster clubs that are recognized by the Board and are created soley to work with the district, its staff, students and parents and to raise funds for district activities; governmental entities including, but not limited to law enforcement, the juvenile office and the Children's Division (CD) of the Department of Social Services:
- The student's address, telephone number and email address and the parents' addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses.
- Weekly entries should be made into Infinite Campus in each subject area.
- Be sure to keep your websites up-to-date!
- I would like copies of all classroom newsletters. These can be sent to me electronically or a paper copy in my mailbox.
- Please continue to use the clip up tickets, Safe, Respectful, and Responsible Compliment cards (or verbal compliments) keeping the 4:1 in mind!