Mrs. Bumatay's Bulletin
For Parents and Students
Volume 2 . Issue 37 . Week of May 31, 2022
TRANSLATE THIS BULLETIN
- Select "Translate Newsletter" under the "Accessibility" box (top right) and choose your language.
- Seleccione "Translate Newsletter" en "Accessibility" (cuadro en la parte superior derecha) y elija su idioma.
Dear Cavalier Families,
Our staff has truly enjoyed being with you this year. I hope this year has been one full of true connections and lifetime memories! Let's finish this week with great effort and a great attitude! May you all have a safe and restful summer break! Please read, read, read as much as you can! Our first day of school for next school year is July 20, 2022!
This week's announcements:
- 7th grade End of Course exams will take place on Tuesday and Wednesday this week.
- 8th graders will turn in iPads and textbooks on Tuesday and Wednesday and 7th graders will turn in iPads and textbooks through Science classes on Thursday and Friday.
- A reminder that the 8th grade promotion ceremony will now take place at 1:00 pm, still at Chula Vista High School Football Stadium on Thursday, June 2, 2022. Six guests per promoting 8th grade student will be allowed. All Parent and student information have been distributed. For your convenience, the letters and promotion slideshow are linked below.
- Do 8th graders need to come to school on Thursday and Friday? The official answer is yes. However, attendance to the promotion ceremony will count for Thursday and it is parent choice to send their student to school on Friday. If you choose to keep your student home, please use the link on our "Attendance" tab on our school website or there is a link at the bottom of this newsletter to report an absence.
- Parents, we appreciate the opportunity for input on our CVM School Parent Engagement Policy. Please review this document in English or Spanish as we plan for next year. Any recommendations or suggestions can be emailed directly to me.
- Parents, you may have also noticed new postings above on our school vision and mission. Our school went through a thorough process to create these. We would love to hear parent voice on these new statements. Please email me directly to share your thoughts!
- The last At-Home COVID testing kits will be distributed on Friday this week from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- This will be the bell schedule the last two days of school, on June 2 and June 3, 2022. School will release at 11:50 am on both days.
- Final grades will be given to students to take home on Friday. They will also be available for parents to view in the Infinite Campus Parent Portal.
- Parents, please check your email (and possibly your junk email) for a message from your student's counselor regarding summer school. We are offering summer school to returning students (who will be in 8th grade next school year) who have a failed a second semester core class - English, Math, World Cultures, and Science. We also are offering courses to invited students for Math and ELD. Summer School starts June 6. Forms are due to Ms. Miranda, Assistant Principal secretary in the main office by Wednesday. Please send the summer school form with your students so we may enroll them in the appropriate course.
Chula Vista High School will be hosting a Summer Bridge Program for incoming 9th graders. See flyer posted below.
Event Address: Chula Vista High School 820 4th Avenue Chula Vista CA 91911
Contact us at: (619)476-3396 or (619)476-3300
Welcome all incoming 9th grade Spartans and Family Members! We are eager and excited to have you join us for Chula Vista High School's Summer Bridge Program happening June 6-10th. We will have great opportunities for students and families to learn more about our school and the programs and services we offer. Here is the registration link. We kindly request you fill out our event registration form by scanning the QR code on the flyer, this will ensure we are aware of your attendance. We can't wait to meet you here at the Home of Champions! Event Date: June 6-10 8:30am-12:30pm. See the flyer below.
Please feel free to contact myself or one of the Assistant Principals with any questions.
Mr. Guillermo.Flores@sweetwaterschools.org is our 8th grade Assistant Principal
are subbing as our 7th grade Assistant Principals
In your service,
Mrs. Lora Bumatay
End of Course Testing
SCHOOL RELEASES at 11:50 on Thursday, June 1st and Friday, June 2nd!
8th grade Promotion Information
Watch this video for more information on Promotion
Parking for Promotion at CHula VIsta High School
CAREER DAY IN ELD CLASSES!
7th and 8th grade awards nights!
8th Grade Day activities and COVID Testing Incentive Rewards Party!
Students and Staff enjoyed the activities!
CLUB TC Bowl!
FUEGO DANCE CREW!
HOw to check what books are owed
1. Head to cvm.goalexandria.com/
2. Click on Login in the upper left screen
3. Your login is your student ID# and your password is your 8 digit birthdate.
4. Click on the Green "Status" button or your picture in the upper left hand corner
1. Click on Items Out - those are library books currently checked out to you
2. Click on Textbooks Out - those are textbooks currently checked out to you
3. Click on Charges - those are any charges you currently have and the amount
7th graders: You are only turning in books. Keep your iPad and charger to read through the summer.
8th graders: You need to turn in your iPad, brick , charger, any library books and ALL textbooks from 7th and 8th grade. Please check your account!!
Library Schedule for textbook collection
5/31-6/3 ALL ITEM COLLECTION (Library closes at 4 daily)
5/31- Period 1,3,5, Rios, Fee & SC
6/1 - Period 2,4,6 Catalina (Maglaya),Rios, Fee, SC, Tom
6/2- TEXTBOOKS ONLY Fee, Tom, Nava, Rios, Catalina
6/3- Catalina (Maglaya), Fee, Tom, Nava, Rios
Costs of Library items if you do not turn them in! 7th graders coming back for 8th grade will keep their iPads over the summer.
READ OVER THE SUMMER!
Show your Spirit!
Students who are on Independent Studies due to COVID can access their classrooms online on this schedule.
Starting this week, students who are independent studies due to COVID can access their classrooms online. Teachers will send students their class Google Meet Link. The minimum requirement for teachers is to be online for twelve minutes a day for a total of one hour per week. Teachers are available through email as well.