Things to remember to bring to school 🚌✔
- Face Covering
- Water Bottle
- Warm clothes: Jacket, hats, gloves, and boots for recess.
Upcoming No School Days 📌📆
- Monday, Feb. 8
- Friday, Feb. 26
No Valentine/Friendship Parties 💔
There will be no Valentine's Day parties this year. Students may not bring Valentine's Day cards to school to share with classmates either.
Clive Conundrum 🐯
From the nurse 👩⚕️
- We need boys' pants and underwear sizes 6-10, and girls' pants and underwear sizes 6-8.
- If a child has had a physical, eye or dental exam, please send in the paperwork or exam form from the doctor.
LIBRARY NEWS 📚
*Please return those overdue library books!*
Tennis Camp 🎾
All girls interested in participating in the Valley girls summer tennis camp, please register using the following link: https://wdmcs.ce.eleyo.com.
Camp numbers will be capped due to growth over the past few years, so please sign up soon. The camp will run five weeks, Monday-Wednesday-Friday, from 8:30-9:30 a.m. Camp dates are June 14 through July 16. The camp runs five weeks due to potential vacation (or other) conflicts.
Valley Sweetheart Show ❤
PTO News 📢
The PTO Needs You!
We are actively recruiting for executive board positions and committee members for the 2021-2022 school year. Being involved with the PTO is a wonderful way to meet other parents as well as get to know the teachers and staff at Clive.
Openings for the next school year are listed below. To learn more about these roles or to express your interest, email email@example.com.
- Vice President: Helps all board members with a little bit of everything. Shadows to move into the presidency role.
- Secretary/Communications: Manages the PTO website and blog, submits articles for this publication, maintains the PTO's social media accounts, compiles meeting agendas, and takes minutes at all meetings.
- Treasurer: Manages the bank account and finances. Works closely with the WDMCS Foundation for tax reporting.
- Fundraising Chair: Coordinates efforts of the fundraising committee to raise money to support the PTO's budget for the following year. Could be a co-chair position if two volunteers wished to share the position.
- Hospitality Chair: Coordinates the staff appreciation meals such as conference dinners, back to school breakfast, and Teacher Appreciation Week festivities.
- Volunteer Coordinator: Recruits helpers for other board members as needed. Organizes and communicates with volunteers for special events (Fun Run, Family Fun Night, etc).
- Co-Coordinator of Parties: Organizes and orchestrates the Fall Party, Winter Party and Friendship Party for all classrooms in the school. This is a two-volunteer job and is a shared responsibility position.
- Fundraising Committee Members: This small group supports the Fundraising Chair in deciding how money should be raised and then completes the tasks necessary to make our budgeted goal.
Indoor Recess Toy and Game Collection
The weather is cold and wet. Our students are frequently having indoor recess and some of our classrooms are in need of replacement games and toys. If you would like to purchase an item and donate it to the school, please take a look at our wish list found HERE.
Donations should be dropped off at the school's front door no later than Friday, Feb. 11. We thank you in advance for your generosity!
Celebrity Reader Search
Do you know a local celebrity? Do you know someone with a "super cool" job? We are looking for community members to join the kids via Zoom or submit a recording of themselves reading a children's book.
March 1-5 is National Read Across America Week, and we'd love to give our students one more reason to be excited about reading. We need a variety of guest readers who would be willing to tell us a little bit about themselves and then share a picture book. Maybe a firefighter shows his equipment and then reads a fire truck book, or an athlete could show his uniform and read a book about the importance of practicing. The sky's the limit for ideas!
If you know someone who would be interested in reading, please share their contact information with firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work with them directly to coordinate the details.
Next PTO Meeting
- Tuesday, Feb. 16, at 7 p.m. via Zoom
- Join Zoom Meeting
- Meeting ID: 815 6995 8347
- Passcode: 555787
- One tap mobile +13126266799
If you have a student attending Clive Learning Academy, you are a member of the PTO! All are welcome at our meetings. A recording of the meeting will be available on our Facebook page the following morning.
What You Can Do To Help
- Download the free Box Tops for Education app and start scanning! Each Box Top scanned in is worth 10 cents — these add up fast!
- Choose Clive Learning Academy as your Amazon Smile charity of choice. Visit smile.amazon.com for details.
- Attend a PTO meeting! Meetings are a great way to stay informed, meet other Clive families, and to get involved.