Weekly News for Room 205
Ms. Howey's Class
May 9-13, 2016
- Our class will be taking the M-STEP (Michigan's state standardized test) over the next 2 weeks. This week, we will test Tues. & Wed. To help your child be prepared to do their best, please make sure they get plenty of rest and eat breakfast. Thanks!
- I mentioned last week, that our class has been selected by the Grosse Pointe Foundation for Public Education (GPFPE) to receive their "Caught in the Act of Giving Back" award for our class' efforts with Socktober!! The GPFPE will be presenting us with this award on Monday, May 23rd at the Board of Education meeting, @ 7:00 p.m. I would love to have as many of our families there as possible, as we receive our award! A separate flyer will be sent home today, so that your family can RSVP for the event. Please return the RSVP slip as soon as possible. This will help us in treat-planning, thanks in advance for you support! :)
- This Friday's spirit day is...Tiger Day! Wear your favorite Tiger gear...meow!
- GP South HS is offering babysitting services on May 14th, for more details see flyer below.
- A big thank you to everyone who attended a/o donated to our Scrabble Party! We always have more fun when YOU are here!:)
- Our class' vocal music concert is tonight, May 9th @ 7:00 pm. Students are asked to arrive @ Pierce-Room 224, by 6:45.
- We completed our 6th CS First (computer science) activity last week- students coded Launcher Games! The lessons are getting more challenging, but the kids can totally handle it! Be sure to ask your child about it!
- KidBlog: Your post and 3 comments are due by Monday, May 16th.
- No spelling this week.
- Things to ask your child about: CS First, Scratch, Scrabble party, Endangered Animals Research Paper
- I appreciate our parents continuing to sign the planners nightly.
- Remember...together we’re better!
Sincerely, Susan Howey