August 8th 2021
Message from the Principal!
Open House was an amazing event! On behalf of the faculty and staff at Madison MS, "Thank you!" Your excitement and support elevated our staff's level of enthusiasm for the upcoming school year. We would like to thank our community partners (ConnectWise, Woodie's Wash Shack at Gandy, Jeremiah's Italian Ice at South Dale Mabry, and Captain Casey from the Civil Air Patrol at MacDill Air Force Base) and our Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) for making this event special. Our PTSA received 45 signatures from individuals expressing their interest for joining PTSA. This is incredible! Thank you Mrs. Meguiar and Mrs. Chrzanowski for invigorating our PTSA at Madison.
- August 10th is the first day of school for students. Please visit our school's website to check transportation status. To check eligibility status and routes, click the "bus routes" tab-->type in your address-->receive status.
- Families will not be permitted to walk their child to classes. Safety and security is our #1 priority and limiting people on campus will assist us with keeping everyone safe during this time.
- The first week of school: Students will report to their Homeroom class when the first bell rings. This will give students the opportunity to receive and submit their First Day Packet documents, and discuss Madison's school-wide expectations. In addition, this will give the school an opportunity to capture accurate attendance during the first week of school. We will resume our normal bell schedule the second week of school.
- Students are not permitted on campus before 9:00am unless they are registered for the morning HOST program. For more information on HOST, please read the attachment under the HOST Section of this newsletter. Students' first destination before the first bell rings is the cafeteria; then, they will be directed to the gymnasium. Students are not allowed to roam the campus at anytime unsupervised.
- Breakfast and lunch is free for all students for the 2021-2022 school.
Stay connected: Newsletters will be sent bi-weekly beginning August 8th and can be reviewed on our school's website, social media pages, parent/guardian emails, and via text messages.
Please review the rest of the newsletter for important information, and I look forward to working with you this school year.
Important message regarding face coverings
Hillsborough County Public Schools will require face coverings as a mitigation measure as we begin the 2021-22 academic year, but will allow parents or guardians to opt their child out of wearing a face covering or mask. Parents who do not want their child to wear a mask must fill out the HCPS Mask Opt-Out Form at web.Hillsboroughschools.org/maskoptout
This requirement will continue until at least September 3rd. We will work with our health partners at TGH/USF Health and the local health department office to monitor the conditions in our community at that time to make further decisions.
Our district wants to ensure we are doing all we can to help community-wide efforts to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Back to School Letters with Madison's Policy & Procedures
Message from PTSA
After Open House Thursday night, I went home and thought about the incredible attendance we had. The cafeteria was full for Mr. Parker’s presentation and we had FORTY-FIVE signatures on our interest forms to bring back the PTA. We had a meeting on Friday with the Hillsborough County PTA President, Frank Reyes, and we just have a few more steps to go in order to get re-chartered and get our PTA going. Some of the things we want to do for our students is to do yearbooks, eighth grade celebrations, and clubs. For the staff and school, we want to find sponsors to stock the break room, host teacher appreciation week, and have a “Color Run” for our school fundraiser. We have an amazing core of parents and staff ready to get this going, but are always going to need and want involvement from our families and our community. If you signed the interest form, THANK YOU!!! If you didn’t and you still want to get involved, you definitely still can. Please email Kimberly Meguiar at email@example.com or Holli Chzranowski at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know! There is such a vibe of excitement this year and we can’t wait to get our kids back in school and bringing back the fun and success!
Free or Reduce Lunch Benefits
- August 9th- Non-Student Day
- August 10th-First Day of School for Students
- August 16th- Basketball Tryouts (Girls & Boys) 3:30pm-4:45pm
- August 17th & 18th- Basketball Tryouts (Girls & Boys) 4:30pm-5:45pm
- August 21st-STEM Breakfast 8:30am in the cafeteria (for academy students)
Did you know this feature allows you to translate the newsletter into many languages?
- Volunteer information
- COVID Updates