Columbia Heights Public Schools
Reminders - Back to School | Jan. 2, 2022
Thank You for Helping Us All Be Healthy Hylanders!
As we head into the Winter Break, with many gatherings of friends and families, we have a few COVID-19 related reminders for students, staff and families.
These are the key components of supporting a safe school community:
- Get vaccinated (vaccines are approved for everyone age five and older)
- Wear a mask when inside public places
- Get tested if you think you have been exposed or have COVID-19 symptoms
- Stay home from school and work if you are feeling sick
- Unvaccinated family members should stay home if a household member has COVID-19. Vaccinated family members may continue to come to school or work if a member of the household has COVID-19 but should follow COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Keep at least 3 feet physical distance between you and others in public if possible
When we return in-person to school on Tuesday, January 4, please remember that it is a federal requirement that masks must be worn by everyone on school buses. We continue to require masks to be worn by everyone when inside our buildings. Families and staff should also be prepared for quarantines if there are positive COVID-19 cases when we return after break.
We have many resources on the CHPS district website on the Safe Return to Learning page.
Did You Know?
You can translate this newsletter, change the text size or view in high-contrast mode! Look for the Accessibility icon and click to view all your options!
¿Sabías? ¡Puedes traducir este boletín, cambiar el tamaño del texto o verlo en modo de alto contraste! Busque el icono de Accesibilidad y haga clic para ver todas sus opciones.