Don't Risk Your Financial Aid

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Requirements

You need to make satisfactory academic progress in order to continue receiving federal student aid. In other words, you have to make good enough grades, and complete enough classes (credits, hours, etc.), to keep moving toward successfully completing your degree or certificate in a time period that’s acceptable to your school.

Federal aid such as PELL, Direct Student & Parent Loans, Work-Study & more are affected by your grades!

Each semester your grades are reviewed by the Financial Aid Office for SAP. If you fall below the minimum requirements you may lose your federal funding by being placed on Financial Aid Suspension for the following semester until you meet the minimum standards.

You could be placed on Financial Aid Warning which gives you an extra semester to boost your academic progress. Students can also be placed on Financial Aid Probation which is a semester where you appealed your suspension due to an extenuating circumstance and are given a 1-semester grace period.

The Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) and SUNY Tuition Credit are affected by grades too!