Hawks' Weekly Update
Dear parents and guardians,
Hawks’ Weekly Update #2
Greetings parents and guardians,
Faculty and staff are busy in preparations for the upcoming school year. I am very much looking forward to the arrival of our students.
Monday, August 7 from 9am-11am
Monday, August 14 from 9am-3pm
Tuesday, August 15 from 2pm-4pm
Thank you in advance for your support to get the school year started smoothly. Distribution of chromebooks prior to the first day of school will be a great support to our dedicated school staff members. There are 3 components to this chromebook distribution process:
1. You will have the opportunity to purchase insurance for the chromebook for $40.
2. There will be an opportunity to obtain a PTA membership from our amazing group of PTA volunteers.
3. We will need all families to complete the Free & Reduced Meal Application, even if the family will not qualify for or take advantage of the school lunch program.
These forms ensure that Shadow Hills Elementary School will receive its proper Federal funding for important school functions such as academic and social emotional support, teacher training, and instructional equipment. This form can be accessed in advance at this link: schoolcafe.com. For any family registering a new account, our district will be listed as Alpine USD. If you need assistance with filling out the application or have any questions, please email Kelly Massey, Director of Child Nutrition Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you at one of our scheduled Chromebook Distribution Days!
Please don’t hesitate to contact our front office staff at 619-445-2977 with any questions you may have.
Shadow Hills Elementary
- 9-11 am on Monday, Aug. 7
- 8 am-3 pm on Monday Aug. 14
- 2-4 pm on Tuesday, Aug. 15
PTA "Popsicle Party" and class roster release
4 pm - 5 pm on Tuesday, Aug. 15
First Day of School
Wednesday, Aug. 16
Back to School Night
Thursday, Aug. 24