Camp Road Cougar News
November 6, 2022
Hello CRMS Family,
1. We would like to host a parent Dinner and Speaker Series here at CRMS. Our hope is that we can bring in speakers to provide education to our parents and guardians on a variety of topics. In order to provide a meaningful experience for our families, we would like to get your input about what topics you might want to hear about. Please take a few minutes to fill out this survey. Parent Dinner and Speaker Series Survey
2. IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR BUS RIDERS: We will have new bus routes starting on Wednesday, November 9th. Please check the updated bus routes to make sure you know what bus your child will ride on Wednesday. New Bus Routes
3. We had a really great Coffee and Conversations on Friday that allowed parents and administration to discuss in depth some questions and concerns. After last week, there were many questions about safety and security. For more detailed information about CCSD safety and security protocols please visit the Operations / Security and Emergency Management (ccsdschools.com) website.
We look forward to having another productive week of learning at CRMS this week!
November 7: Early Release Day
November 8: No School
November 11: School Dance in the Cafeteria 6:30pm-8pm
November 15: Cougar Store Open
November 21-25: Thanksgiving Break
We now have a working Annual Calendar for those of you that like to be able to look ahead. We will continue to update this calendar with all school events, including JICHS sporting events that some of our CRMS students may be participating in.
‘70s Disco Dance, Friday November 11th 6:30-8pm
Friday, November 11, is our first PTO dance of the year. It’s a 70’s theme. It is a closed dance, which means just CRMS students only. The price of admission is (2) non-perishable food items, but make sure to bring extra money for the concession stand. Advanced tickets will be for sale in the Cougar Store this Wednesday, Thursday and Friday morning. If you have received an office referral during the first nine weeks, you may not attend. Beginning Monday, November 7th, if you receive a cell phone violation or a BIC, you may not attend the dance. Finally, any student on any type of school, school board, or district probation may not attend the dance.
Message from the Art Club
James Island Players
Middle School Softball, Baseball & Co-ed Soccer
Register online sign-up or see the attached MS Sport Flyer for details. Please remember to sign up even if you are playing basketball or planning to try out for a C team or High School sport, etc. Minimal overlap in seasons. As long as you are registered for MS Sports by the deadline then you are eligible to play and be able to decide who to play for when the time comes. We need one co-ed soccer coach and possibly one more baseball coach for CRMS Teams. If interested, please reach out to our Cougar Athletic Booster Club at firstname.lastname@example.org
School Technology Information You Need to Know...
Students should NOT bring their Chromebook chargers to school. Please charge devices at home each evening. Chargers tend to disappear at school, and we have no way to track them. Students will be responsible for the cost of replacing lost chargers, so please don’t let your student bring the charger to school!
A reminder about the CCSD fee structure for damages and loss of chromebooks:
- Negligent/Accidental Breakage - No charge for first incident per school year $50 per incident for each subsequent event
- Intentional Vandalism - $300.
- Stolen Device - No cost if a police report is provided
- Lost Device - $300
- Lost Charger - $40