August 20, 2021
A Note From Mrs. Mathe
I wish I had better news to share with all of you today, but with the rapid rise of COVID numbers in our community we have had to raise our Safety Alert Level to a level 4. Information regarding Conroe ISD's alert levels can be found on the Roadmap to Remaining Open webpage. Under a level 4, the following adjustments will and have been made on campus.
- We will encourage students to sanitize/wash their hands more frequently throughout the day
- We strongly encourage the wearing of masks
- We will host large group meetings virtually (if possible) or consider postponing or cancelling such events
- We will hold parent conferences, ARDs, and 504 meetings virtually
- We are limiting/restricting visitors on campus
- We ask that you send your children with all necessary items for the school day (water bottles, lunch boxes, school supplies, etc.) as we are limiting deliveries to classrooms
- We have increased cleaning protocols, including e-misting all classrooms and common areas nightly
- Students will eat breakfast in their classrooms
We ask that you keep your child home if they are feeling ill. Also, if your child tests positive for COVID, please notify our nurse, Melissa Wiles.
We want to do everything we can to protect our school year. Thank you for your cooperation and support while we navigate through these challenging and ever changing times.
Dr. Null's Update August 20, 2021
Prescreening for our Safety
Self-Prescreening: To ensure the health and safety of all students and staff, all individuals should conduct a self pre-screening daily for COVID-19 symptoms. Individuals waiting for COVID-19 test results due to symptoms or individuals currently experiencing any of the symptoms listed that are new and/or not normal for them, should stay home and consider seeking medical care and/or COVID-19 testing. Symptoms consistent with COVID-19 include:
- cough or shortness of breath
- sore throat
- congestion or runny nose
- significant muscle pain or body aches
- loss of taste or smell in the last 10 days
- diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain
- feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0F
August 24: Parent Information Night (the links will be sent home on Tuesday)
August 24: PTO Meeting 9:30 am (the meeting will be held outside at Powell, or you may join by Zoom- link will be sent via email)
September 3: Individual Picture Day
September 6: No School- Labor Day
September 22: Read for a Better Life Day
Car Rider Drop Off and Pick Up Reminders
- Please stay in your car
- Students need to unload and load from passenger side
- If you need to buckle your child at end of day, please pull forward past orange cones to assist in buckling
- Our morning car line moves continuously from 7:30-8:00. Students arriving after 8am will be considered tardy. We will begin recording tardies after Labor Day.
- In the afternoon, please enter the car line from north or south on Cochran's Crossing. We ask that families do not cross over from the Cochran's Green neighborhood, as it blocks the exit for families that live in that community, thank you!
Individual Picture Day
Free COVID-19 Testing
Free COVID-19 testing is available to all Conroe ISD employees and students Monday through Saturday at the Conroe ISD Police Department located at 2900 N. Loop 336 E. Conroe, TX 77301. Employees and students must schedule a test through the Conroe ISD SSO in the COVID Central app prior to arrival. More information can be found at https://www.conroeisd.net/roadmap-to-reopening/covid-19-testing/
Please send a water bottle with your child to school daily. Our water fountains are still turned off on campus due to COVID. We have 3 water bottles refill stations on campus students can utilize to refill their water bottles throughout the day.
Car Rider Sign Request Form
All students will be provided one car rider sign for the year. If you need multiple signs, please click the link below to request a sign.
Free COVID-19 Testing
Car Rider Sign Request Form
School Spirit Wear
Our school spirit store is now open! Below is the link to order your Powell shirts for this school year. The store will be open through August 27, 2021. We will not have shirts on hand to purchase. All shirts will be delivered to your child's classroom mid-September. Click the link below to access the store. Once in the store, you can create an account if you wish, or click the Powell logo to enter the store without a sign-in.
All shirt styles are available in adult and child sizes. The child sizes are listed below adult sizes.
IMPORTANT: Free and Reduced Meals Application
Even though breakfast and lunch are being provided for all students again this year, if you believe you may qualify for free or reduced meals it is still important for your family to complete the application. Your application does not carry over from year to year. Qualification may open up other opportunities for your family in addition to meals as noted below.
Click here to access the application.
Book check out in the library begins on Monday, 8/23, and the students are excited! During library classes, we are reviewing book care rules and check out procedures. Take a look at my library FAQ for answers to some common questions.
Join the Powell PTO!
Please join the Powell PTO! With your membership donation, you have the power to enrich the lives of our students and staff! Your involvement, no matter big (volunteer, join a committee, change the marquee) or small (monetary donation with no strings attached) is always appreciated!
Please be sure to fill out the Google Form before proceeding to payment!
Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Powell Yearbooks On Sale NOW!
Yearbooks are on sale NOW!
Get your yearbook at the lowest price of $30 until September 17th! You can get 4 free icons with personalization!
Follow the link to order your 2021-2022 Powell Elementary Yearbook!
CALLING ALL 4th GRADE PARENTS!
Place a special message for your graduating 4th grader in the 2021-2022 Powell Yearbook!
Yearbook Ads are on sale through November 19th!
Any questions, please email email@example.com
Roadmap to Remaining Open
Powell Student Handbook
Powell Elementary School is committed to creating an environment that promotes academic excellence, and a love for learning. Our goal is to build relationships that empower students, and develop responsible, patriotic citizens, and confident leaders.