Mission Ridge Elementary
Owl News, Week of September 13th
Message From Mr. Jesus Mendez, Mission Ridge Principal
Hope you are having a great weekend!! It is the start of the football season so I also know a lot of your are cheering for your favorite teams. Good luck to your respective teams this season!
Thank you for helping complete Week 6 of our Mission. This week, our 2nd through 5th grade scholars took their Six Week Checkpoints. We'll be analyzing our data so we can tweak our instruction and provide our scholars with necessary re-teach and spiraling lessons during the day and in after school tutoring. Our PK - G1 scholars will be continue to take their iStation reading and math inventories inventories. Very important that we take advantage of the instructional time. Thank you for ensuring your child is in school all day, every day.
Be sure your child is present each day they are healthy. The state of Texas holds administrators and parents accountable for attending school daily. At 5 absences, I will ask that you hold a meeting with our Attendance Administrator to ensure we are working together to educate your child. Please help support our teachers by brining in your children ready to learn. We thank you for making attendance a priority.
Our counselors, Ms. Heredia and Ms. Peralta have prepared Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) lessons for our scholars and teachers.
Breakfast in the Classroom.
Our district will provide breakfast in the classroom for ALL scholars. Breakfast in the Classroom (BIC) will be served daily from 7:15 AM to 7:30 AM. Please be on time to take advantage of the most important meal of the day.
Change of Clothes.
Please send a change of clothing for scholars in PK, Kinder and 1st graders. In a plastic bag, place a shirt, short, under garment and socks. When the children has an accident, you will be notified. Please check your child's backpack daily.
Picking Up Students.
Due to traffic, we will not be able to release students after 2 PM. If you have a doctor's appointment, please pick them up before 2 PM so that you can make your appointment.
Progress Reports for the six week grading period will be available for you to view starting on Wednesday, Sep. 15th. You may view Progress Reports as you login to your Tyler 360 account. Please make sure you communicate with your teacher for any questions in regards to grades. You may also calls at school for any assistance with accessing Tyler 360.
The building will be cleaned throughout the day in high traffic areas to ensure safety. We will have hand sanitizing stations at all classrooms, restrooms, cafeteria and playground. If you wish for your child to wear a mask, please send them with a mask that fits them comfortably. If you requested a shield for your child's desk, they will have access to a shield. We will all monitor and collaborate to keep our team and families safe!
TRI (Temporary Remote Instruction) Academy
TRI ( Temporary Remote Instruction) is up and running. Scholars who are coded with a "Q" for quarantine now have access to prepackaged Schoology lessons. We will be sending you an email with details. When scholars return from quarantine, they will turn in their TRI Academy assignments for grading.
If at anytime you have a concern or question, do not hesitate to email us or call us. We are here to help and ensure we all collaborate together.
Thank you for your continued support! We are blessed with an amazing learning community! Together, we are better!
Let's make Week 7 #Owlsome!!
Jesus Mendez , Proud Mission Ridge Principal
In accordance with the City of El Paso Health Authority Order Indoor Mask Mandate, we will be requiring ALL students and visitors to wear masks while on district property. The order went into effect on August 18, 2021.
Beginning on Monday, August 23, 2021, we will be asking students to mask up when they are inside the school building. Teachers are prepared with enough masks for every student. If your child prefers to wear their favorite mask, they may do so. Masks may not have inappropriate content or language displayed on them.
We know that with any new ritual and routine, it will require practice, so we will be using this week to teach our Owls when to wear their masks and when it is appropriate to take a mask break. Please note that students will not be required to wear a mask when outdoors.
Sep. 15th is International Dot Day! Wear Your Polka Dots!!
Wear Your Favorite Mexican Attire or Red/White/Green on Thur., Sep. 16th
Sparks Children's Orchestra Update
We have been given the green light to resume our orchestra practice. Practices will resume on Monday, Sep. 13th, with Ms. Schmidt and Ms. Murillo in our Music Room.
School Uniforms / Uniformes Escolares
- 3 Year Old Program - Yellow Polo Shirt (playera tipo polo amarilla)
- NOTE: ONLY students that have qualifed for services/ SOLO alumnos que ya se haya confirmado su participation
- Pre-Kinder - Red Polo Shirt (playera tipo polo roja)
- Kinder - 5th Grade - Orange/Purple/White Polo Shirt (playera polo naranja/morada/blanca)
Bottom / Pantalon
- Khaki colored pants/shorts/skirts/skorts (pantalon/short/falda color caqui)
NOTE: At this time, we are not offering any FREE DRESS FRIDAYS. Students must be in uniform if they do not have an SISD, college, or spirit shirt.
Daily Schedule / Horario Diario
- 7:15 - 7:30 Breakfast in the Classroom
- 7:30 SEL/Announcements
- 7:45 Tardy Bell Rings
- 10:00 Attendance Posting Time
- 10:45 PK3 AM Dismissal
- 11:30 PK3 PM Entry
- 2:45 Dismissal (Fridays include WIN Academy)
- 4:00 WIN Academy Dismissal (Monday - Thursday ONLY)
- Attend school daily and arrive on time. School starts at 7:30 AM. Breakfast in the classroom begins at 7:15 AM. Tardy bells rings at 7:45 AM.
- If your child is feeling ill, please know we understand that you will need to keep them at home.
- Please communicate absences with both teacher and school. You may upload your documentation and email at email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: Scholars need to be in school 90% of the instructional time. Patterns in tardy arrivals and early pick up may affect scholars in this area.
Please include as much detail as possible:
- Child's name
- Student ID
- Reason for the absence
All notes will be collected via this email as well. Be sure to include details in the note as the child returns to class.
If they have a doctor’s note, it must be included in the email as an attachment.
Beat the Tardy Bell!!
Just a reminder that instruction starts at 7:30 AM.
Keep in mind the following :
- Tardies are documented by our teachers.
- Students need to be in school 90% of the instructional time.
- Tardies are subject to Discipline Referral as per SISD Student Code of Conduct
- ALL students who have an SISD District device issued to them will need to complete the Mobile Device Agreement.
- The form must be submitted for all PreK students who will have an Ipad issued to them.
To find this e-form:
- Log into Tyler 360 Parent Portal (link is below)
Change the Academic Year in the upper, right corner to 2021-2022
- A yellow announcement bar will appear. Click View.
- Choose the document (one for each child).
- Acknowledge the first page.
- Click acknowledgement for fees and submit.
Good news for #TeamSISD families! Through the USDA school lunch program, SISD will provide all children (18 and under) with free breakfast and lunch for the 2021-22 school year.
Curbside meal service will be available for parents picking up meals for young children who are not enrolled in SISD schools or homeschooled students. No duplicate meals will be allowed. SISD curbside meal service will be provided Monday through Friday at:
- Elementary schools from 7:00 to 8:00 AM (in the back of our campus at MRE)
If parents have their children with them when they pick up meals, no documentation is required. If parents come to pick up meals without their children, parents will need to present one of the following for all children 18 and under:
- Official letter/email/electronic school application from school listing children enrolled
- Individual student report cards
- Attendance record from parent portal of the school website, printed or electronic, that includes the children names
- Birth certificate for children not in school
- Student ID cards
When to stay home from school
VSP Soccer Season Coming Soon!!!
Our Parent Volunteer Coaches have started soccer and cheer practices this week. We are very thankful for them as they assist us in providing our scholars with these great opportunities. We would like to offer these opportunities to all of our scholars but are in need of our volunteers' help.
URGENT: We are still in need of volunteer coaches!!! We have the players, we just need coaches. If interested, please contact our Volunteer Soccer Coaches Coordinator, Mr. Patti, at 915--204-2666
Fall Popcorn Fundraiser
Save the Date! Picture Day is on Wed., Sep. 29th (Individual Picture with Uniform)
SISD Back to School Q & A
This link will provide you many of the answers to your questions: