By: Cory Graves & Brysen Hall
Reasons we Can live on Earth
- reason one- we have water unlike any other planet.
- reason two- earth is at the right distance from the sun.
- reason three- we have air and oxygen to breathe.
- reason four- the atmosphere is at a reasonable temperature.
- reason five- we are not drenched with lava or storms at all times.
What it is not, (covered in lava and storms all the time)
Why we can't live on other Planets.
- For Mercury- Mercury is too close to the sun so it is too hot, at night it gets too cold, and there is no liquid water on Mercury.
- For Venus- Venus can reach up to 450 degrees Celsius, there is no oxygen, and the pressure is 90 times as great as on Earth.
- For Mars- Mars is -184 degrees fahrenheit, there is oxygen but not enough to sustain life, and there is no magnetic field to protect us from cometic radiation.
- For Jupiter- Jupiter doesn't have a solid surface, the chemicals would kill us, and outer areas are extremely cold.
- For Saturn- Saturn's wind speed is 1,000mph, the gas isn't breatheable, and the temperature is -300 degrees fahrenheit.
- For Uranus- Uranus has no oxygen for us to breathe, temperatures are at -350 degrees fahrenheit, and there is no solid surface.
- For Neptune- Neptune has no solid surface, has winds up to 1,200mph, and temperatures range from -360 to 900 degrees fahrenheit.
Facts of the Planets
- Mercury resembles our moon
- Earth is the most dense planet
- March is named after Mars
- Saturns nickname is jewel
- Jupiter has a liquid metal ocean
- Venus is the sixth largest planet
- Uranus has two sets of rings
- Neptune's cloud cover has a blue tint
Comparing Earth to Venus
- The sun rises in the east and falls in the west for the Earth, for Venus it rises in the west and falls in the east.
- The Earth has one moon, Venus has none.
- Earth is third from the sun, Venus is second closest.
- As it takes the Earth 24 hours to rotate on its axis, it takes Venus 243 Earth days to rotate on its axis.
- It takes the Earth 365.2 days to orbit around the sun, and it takes Venus 225 Earth days.
- Venus is a rocky, dusty, waterless, expanse of mountains, where Earth is 70% water, 30% land, and has air that we can breathe.
Earth vs. Venus
Earth Compared to Jupiter
- Jupiter's diameter is 10 times greater than Earth's
- Jupiter has over 300 times the mass of Earth
- Jupiter is 5 times farther away from the sun than Earth
- If you way 180 pounds on Earth you would weigh 426 pounds on Jupiter
- Jupiter has 63 moons and growing and the Earth only has one
- One year on Jupiter is 11.9 Earth years.
- One day on Jupiter is 9.8 hours
- One year on Earth is 365 days
- One day on Earth is 23.7 hours
That's all Folks!!