Vale MS Parent Summer Edition
Have you Registered for 2019-2020?
- Open house is scheduled for August 20th (6th Grade 6:00-8:00 pm and 7th/8th Grade 3:30-5:30 pm)
- School Supply lists are posted below and on our website at https://nisd.net/vale/news/951
- If your child is in PRE-AP ELA, please look at the summer reading lists on the school website at https://nisd.net/vale/news/941
Dress Code Reminders
- Shorts are not allowed in Middle School.
- Students will not be permitted to wear jeans with holes, rips or tears.
- Leggings are not permitted unless worn under an appropriate length dress or skirt.
- Dresses or skirts can't be more than 4 inches above the knee.
- Unconventional colored, multi-colored or spiked or Mohawk hair styles are not permitted.
New School Times for 2019-2020
There have been district wide changes to the start and end of the middle school day. Please adjust your schedules accordingly and contact the campus with any questions.
- First bell: 8:35am
- First Period Tardy bell: 8:40am
- End of Day Release at 3:50pm
Please see the letter below from our Superintendent, Dr. Brian T. Woods.
Dear Northside families,
For years we have had a staggered start time for elementary, middle, and high schools. This gap in time between grade levels has helped our departments run efficiently as well as allowed for families to get multiple children to school in a timely manner.
The current start times have been in existence for a number of years. However, the number of students and the expansion of neighborhoods throughout our District has increased dramatically in recent years. This has led to increased traffic in and around our schools. Traffic, coupled with continued construction in many of our communities, has sometimes caused both District buses and commuting families to arrive late to school.
In an effort to alleviate the compressed time between elementary and secondary schools, we will delay the start time by ten minutes at all middle and high schools. Therefore, middle school start time will be at 8:40 a.m. instead of the current 8:30 a.m. and high school start time will be 9:00 a.m. instead of 8:50 a.m.
This change will go into effect in August 2019 and in no way will affect instructional time. Dismissal will be 3: 50 p.m. for middle school and high school will end at 4:15 p.m.
We hope this minor change will provide added time for families and buses to get to school on time. Expect more information and a reminder from your campus principal as the new school year begins in August of 2019. If you have any questions, feel free to call your campus principal. Thank you for your support of your children and Northside schools.
Brian T. Woods