Dalai Lama Fellows
INFORMATION SESSION FOR APPLICANTS
What would YOU do to change the world?
Wednesday, Oct. 24th 2012 at 5:30-7pm
Brown Student Services Building, Suite 3001, McGill
Find out how you can be a Dalai Lama Fellow! Applications are due Nov. 12th!
Come listen to two McGill seniors share their experiences as Dalai Lama Fellows.
This year's McGill Dalai Lama Fellow, Eléonore Buchet-Deàk, created the Snow Lion Storytelling Initiative, which acquired rights to 5 children’s books, hired experts who translated them into Tibetan, and secured distribution of these books in 50 schools run by the Tibetan government-in-exile in 3 countries.
Last year, Alex Pritz and Christian Elliott created the Iwastology Project to provide youth in the Philippines and Montreal with the analytical skills – using videography and photography as the primary tools – to re-interpret their environmental contexts and to collaboratively address the underlying issues.
MCGILL STUDENTS - APPLY NOW
We are looking for globally minded citizens who passionately want to build a more harmonious, peaceful, and sustainable world. More than ever, our individual ability to thrive – indeed survive – is interwoven with the destinies of others. As a Fellow, you:
- Design and launch a project to address a significant challenge in your community;
- Travel 2x to the Ethical Leadership Assembly (ELA) near San Francisco to connect with Fellows from around the world and to deepen your leadership capacity;
- Receive up to $10,000 in funding for your project and travel to the ELA; and,
Participate in a distinctive, year-long curriculum with ongoing, personalized support from staff and seasoned professionals from the private and social sectors.
To be eligible to apply, a candidate must be:
- Enrolled as a full-time student at McGill now and during Fellowship year*
- Able to attend the ELA from June 30 - July 7, 2013 and again in June 2014
- Available to refine project plan and plan travel logistics with Dalai Lama Fellows Program Directors between selection date and the ELA
- Able to dedicate sufficient time during the school year for the proposed project, three monthly 90 minute calls organized by program staff, and monthly reflective prompts from our curriculum
About Dalai Lama Fellows
Dalai Lama Fellows, a unique global program personally authorized by His Holiness the Fourteenth Dalai Lama, envisions and works towards a world that tends to the good of the whole as well as of the individual. We do this by guiding a global network of young social entrepreneurs to deepen their effectiveness by integrating secular ethics, contemplative values, and compassion. Learn more by visiting our website or contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.