directly from the castles of MacNeil and Leonard
Land of READ-A-LOT
Maidens and Lords read two Polacco story books this week. The students were great detectives when it came to finding characters, setting, plot, and theme for both books. We will continue with our third book next week and will be wrapping this unit up soon!
Missions in Math
Soaring in Science
Our Kingdoms have been exploring six different materials in order to find the one that will work best to replicate an artifact!! They are working as small teams and testing durability, strength, weight, and overall quality of these 6 materials!! We hope to have our answer by Monday!!
WRITING that is Worthwhile
ALL HEADS UP FOR NEXT WEEK...
- The new district webpage was launched last week.
- Please continue to visit our third grade blog for newsletter information and classroom updates. Go to http://wcgrade3.blogspot.com! Once we have access to changing things on the new district site, we will have a direct connection from the district site to our blog!
- Every student should be reading for their 300 minute monthly reading calendars!
- Please wear a warm coat, gloves, and a hat for the 30 minute recess. It is too cold outside to have exposed body parts!
- Report Cards will be sent home on Monday February 10, 2014!
- Valentine's Day class parties will be Friday from 2-2:45. Students can bring cards for their classmate's, but must make sure they bring one for everyone. Candy is okay to hand out, but please no cakes, cookies, or drinks.