Lion's Mane (Parent Edition)
Your home for MHS news & events. Volume 34
A New Lion in the Den
McKinney High School is excited to welcome Alan Arbabi as our new Principal. Mr. Arbabi has most recently been the principal at Dowell Middle School and will continue to serve both campuses until his replacement is named.
From 1989–1997, Mr. Arbabi served as a staff sergeant with the 95th Infantry Unit in the U.S. Army Reserves during and after college. His career as an educator began in 1994 as a vocal music teacher in Oklahoma before he moved into administration as an assistant principal at Chickasha Junior High School in 1998.
He arrived in McKinney ISD in 2001 to serve as assistant principal at Dowell Middle School, and then transferred to Scott Johnson Middle School in 2004 to serve as assistant principal of that campus. In 2007, Arbabi returned to Dowell as assistant principal and then earned the principal job of that campus in 2012.
With a great deal of success behind him, Arbabi now looks toward future successes as principal of a campus that is rich in legacy and tradition.
“I have been a part of the McKinney ISD family for 13 years, and I am thrilled to be able to continue to grow within the district,” said Arbabi. “The McKinney High School community is focused on providing a world class education for every student, and it is important for me to honor the legacy of such an amazing school community. One way to do that is to keep the goal of student achievement at the forefront, and I look forward to the opportunities that lie ahead.”
The McKinney High School
MHS Choir Porch Concert with In-N-Out Burger
Join us for a highly anticipated annual event in the former outside Porch area now known as the Commons. Porch Concert is May 17 at 7:00 p.m., pre-show at 6:30. Bring your lawn chairs or sit on the Socratic Stairs.
Until Sunday, students may purchase a yearbook online for $70 at yearbookforever.com. Starting on Monday after third period, yearbooks can be purchased for $85 from Gail Erger in the front office.
ISM Final Presentation Night
- Yearbook Distribution, 3rd period
- 5/16 Senior Awards, Auditorium @ 7:00
- 5/17 Choir Porch Concert
- 5/17 Tennis Banquet, Main Event @ 6:00
- 5/17 HOSA Banquet, Eldorado Country Club @ 6:30
- 5/18 ISM Final Presentation Night
- 5/19 Physics Olympics
- 5/19 Jesus Christ Movement Club, Choir Room @ 2:30
- 5/19 Wrestling Club, M211 @ 6:00
- 5/19 Orchestra Spring Concert
MHS Students doing great things
Be sure to congratulate the following students on a job well done. They ran and jumped extremely well and we are very proud of them.
- Rickey Fantroy: Triple Jump 1st place with a distance of 48'6"
- Bailey Lear: 400m Run 2nd place with a personal best time of 53.70
- Brooke Merrick: 300m Hurdles 3rd place with a time of 43.73
- Blanchard Montgomery: 300m Hurdles 4th place with a personal best time of 37.39
Nuts & Bolts Reminders
- Please help on the student traffic in the hallway. Make sure your students have a blue or yellow hallway pass. If you need a replacement, see Ms. Cope.
- If you see students congregating around the flex spaces during lunches, help us clear those areas out.
Important Dates for LOTE Final Exams
LOTE final exam parts for Speaking and Writing will be on Thursday, May 19th.
ASL Expressive and Receptive portions will be on Tuesday, May 24th and Wednesday, May 25th.
French Speaking will be on Wednesday, May 18th and Writing on Thursday, May 19th.