Olive Chapel Elementary PTA News & Information
~ May 6 - May 10, 2019 ~
May 3 - School Spirit Day: Star Wars Day (May the "Fourth" Be With You!)
May 6 - Field Day, Tracks 1 & 2 (Volunteers needed, see below)
May 8 - Bike (and Walk) to School Wednesday!
May 8 - Kindergarten Orientation, 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. (details here)
May 9 - PTA Meeting, 1:00 p.m., ALL ARE WELCOME
May 10 - Spring Carnival! DETAILS BELOW!!
May 13 - Field Day, Tracks 3 & 4
May 21 - Track 1 EOG Testing Begins (schedule here)
May 27 - HOLIDAY, NO SCHOOL
June 3 - Track 1 5th Grade Sail Up Ceremony
June 3 - Spring Chorus Concert, 6:00 p.m.
June 17 - Track 2, 3, 4 EOG Testing Begins (schedule here)
Carnival Ticket Pre-Sales and Volunteers
Carnival game and raffle ticket pre-sales end FRIDAY, MAY 3rd.
Order your tickets now here!
And we need volunteers! So far we have had only two parents sign up (THANK YOU!). We know many of you will be attending the carnival, so please consider volunteering to help! We need assitance:
- Setting up between the end of school and the start of the carnival at 5:00 p.m. (this is a great job if you want to be done by carnival time)
- Cleaning up (great if you are already at the carnival and want to lend a quick hand at the end)
- And even have a few pre-carnival pick-up and at home jobs if that works best for you.
Sign up to volunteer here!
Reminder: This year's carnival is Friday, May 10th from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. at OCE. Enjoy games, vendors, concessions (cash only), bounce houses and the new teacher experience raffle with some fantastic new opportunities for your students to enjoy with their favorite teacher and/or staff member (updated list here).
Track 1 and 2 Field Day Volunteers
Tracks 1 and 2, May 6 (rain date May 7);
Grades 3-5 (9:30 - 11:30 a.m.), Grades K-2 (1:20 - 3:20 p.m.)
Tracks 1 and 2 - if you have not yet volunteered please do!
Tracks 3 and 4, your Field Day will be on May 13 (rain date May 14). Feel free to contact your teachers to volunteer as well!
What you need to know:
- The students and their teachers will be visiting 12 different stations outside the school building enjoying a variety of activities.
- Morning events run from 9:30 – 11:30 for 3-5
- Afternoon events run from 1:20 – 3:20 for K-2
- Volunteers will be at the stations to help with the activities (especially the ones that include refreshments and water games).
- Volunteers will meet in the gym at 8:40 for the morning shift and at 12:45 for the afternoon shift.
- Parents, please make sure your student is wearing proper clothing, shoes and sunscreen. Students may bring water bottles.
- Good sportsmanship is expected at all times!
- “A good sport always tries their best, encourages others and has team spirit”.
Thank you so much for helping Coach Roberts and our teachers make Field Day a fun and healthy event for our students! We can't do it without you!
Walk/Bike to School Next Wednesday
When you arrive to OCE, we will have lots of community helpers on hand: Apex PD’s bike officers, Apex Fire Department, and Jenna Shouse from the Town of Apex planning department will all join us!
Our friends from The Bicycle Chain store will also check helmets, pump tires, and do mini-checkups for bikes.
Remember: all Bikers must wear a helmet and label it with their name! We have plenty of bike racks at OCE, so bring a lock if your bike will stay onsite during the school day.
See you on the sidewalks, Clippers!
Staff Appreciation Help Needed: Ice Cream Social
Click the sign-up here to send in an item or two to make this day delicious for our teachers! Items due to the school by Wednesday, May 8th (unless otherwise indicated).
Food 4 Kids
The Food 4 Kids collection bin is right outside the front office!
Publix Gift Cards are always welcome, but if you are interested in donating specific items, here is a list of current needs:
Canned Meats (Tuna, Chicken)
Beans (canned or dried)
Rice (small bags)
Soup or Ramen Noodles
Mac & Cheese
Individually bagged snacks (Goldfish, Pretzels, Raisins)
Thank you for continuing to support our OCE community.
In the Community
AFHS Summer Sports Camps
Track 1 - May 6 - May 24
Track 4 - May 27 - June 14
Track 3 - June 17 - June 28