Hawkeye View Newsletter
Fall Party--> Oct. 31
The Fall Parade and Classroom Parties are scheduled for Thursday, October 31st. The parade begins at 2:45 pm with parties starting at the conclusion of the parade (around 3:00).
This year, we will be parading outside in the bus loop, weather permitting. If the weather doesn’t cooperate, we will use the gym for our annual parade. Kindergarten through 5th grade are invited to bring their costumes to school and change right before the parade. As a courtesy to others, please follow the guidelines listed below.
1. Students may not wear their costumes to school, but they may bring them and change before the parade. Students should be able to change with little or no assistance.
2. Costumes should not contain blood or violent depictions of any kind.
3. Costume weapons (swords, knives, lasers, etc.) are not permitted at school.
4. Spray hair color and hair spray may not be used at school due to student allergies and
5. Due to district guidelines, younger siblings are not allowed at school parties. Please arrange for childcare for younger children.
6. Please consult the district’s Fun Fit Food Guidelines and your
child’s classroom teacher when sending in food for the party.
7. HAVE FUN!!!
Veteran’s Day Celebration at Mize
Do you know a veteran? The students and staff at Mize Elementary would like to invite the veterans in our community to be our special guests at our 2019 Veteran’s Day assembly on Monday, November 11, 2:00 pm. Our students are also interested in hearing more about the military experience. We’ve allowed time for this meeting at 1:30 pm. If this is something that your veteran would like to share with students, please let us know when they RSVP for the assembly.
Please RSVP to 913-441-0880 or firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 8.
WHEN: Saturday, November 2, 2019 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
WHERE: Mill Creek Middle School - 8001 Mize Road, Lenexa, Kansas
USD 232 Parents as Teachers is hosting a KidDo Fair full of early childhood & preschool resources. This event is for ALL families with children birth to age 5 with close to 40 vendors. These vendors include health care, mental health, child care licensing, daycares, preschools, activities for children, safety and car seat safety, dance classes, libraries and more!
Children are encouraged to attend, as there will be door prizes, face painting and other fun activities. Free vision and hearing screenings will also be available.
The first collection day for Box Tops will be October 30th. Please make sure each clip has a valid expiration date. There will be one class winner for each grade level. Happy clipping and scanning! Thank you for all you do to support Mize Elementary.