High School Librarian
Old Dominion University, Hampton, Virginia
Master of Education in Reading, May 2009
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia
Bachelor of Arts in English and Sociology, May 2001
Manhattan College, Riverdale, New York
Summa Cum Laude, GPA 3.923, Phi Beta Kappa
License and Endorsement Areas
K-12 Library Media Specialist
K-12 Reading Specialist
Valid through 2020
Books I've Enjoyed Reading This Year
2015 - Present
- Collaborating with teachers to provide book talks, information literacy mini-lessons, Maker Space projects and other requests.
- Assisting students with book recommendations and database navigation.
- Working with my co-librarian to provide instruction in the media center, through classroom visits, or embedded instruction within a teacher's Blackboard course.
- Recruiting, organizing, and training student workers for our technology help desk, also known as Patriots Assisting with Technology Services (PATs Desk).
- Coordinating with our Learning Technology Integrator to address technology training, school-based issues, and other items related to educational technology.
- Acting as a school representative at division advisory committees on technology.
Adjunct Instructor of Reading in the Content Areas, Mary Baldwin College
Spring 2013 - Present
- Instructing Content Area Reading to undergraduate teacher candidates enrolled in the distance education Adult Degree Program.
- Helping students understand internal and external text features, reading levels, and overall student accessibility.
- Reinforcing before, during, and after reading strategies as well as English Language Learner techniques to support meaningful comprehension.
2014 - 2015
- Instructed through the Nancie Atwell reading and writing workshop model in a heterogeneously mixed classroom.
- Collaborated with instructional coaches and language arts PLC to develop lessons and resources that supported differentiated instruction.
- Served as 7th grade team lead organizing educational trips and participated as an active member of the technology committee that reviewed Jouett's implementation of one-to-one laptops.
2009 - 2014
- Provided job-embedded professional development and facilitated inter-school networking opportunities.
- Provided individualized training sessions supporting online learning, technology integration, writing across the curriculum, Activ Board technology, iMovie, Edmodo, Google Apps for Education, Audacity, Jing, and other educational tools.
- Supported curriculum, assessment, and instruction across all content areas at the secondary level.