LLC Updates: Final Stretch!
Tips to Help You Through Finals Week!
1. Study in increments. It might be tempting to cram everything in over the span of five hours, but research proves that your mind needs a break after an hour of work. Study for 50-60 minutes, and then take a 10-15 minute break. It will help you recharge and give some time to let the information sink in.
2. Find a study home. Temple's campus is full of great places to study. Try the Tech Center for a more engaged atmosphere, or the Library if you're looking for a quiet space.
3. Eat right. Don't be tempted to skip meals because you need to study. Your body needs food! Choose foods that are rich in protein (such as peanut butter or eggs) and are low in carbohydrates to fuel your mind and body.
3. Get some ZZZs. Pulling an all-nighter? Don't even think about it! Your body and mind will function best if they have the sleep they need. Aim to give your body the full 7-8 hours of sleep it needs every night!
4. Use a time-management system. Write down all the finals you have and then get organized and make a study schedule. Planning your time effectively will help prevent you from "cramming" last minute, and ensure you have enough time to study for everything you need to.
5. Play that funky music. Music not only alleviates stress, but can help you focus, too! Try classical and non-lyrical music to help stimulate your brain and ease your tensions.
6. Get some Vitamin D! Did you know that 10 minutes of natural sunlight is more effective than a cup of coffee? It might be tempting to lock yourself away inside, but make sure you enjoy some natural light during the day.
7. BREATHE. When you feel anxious, close your eyes and take 5 deep, calming breaths. Focus on making your inhales and exhales the same length. Your heart rate will slow down and your body will feel more relaxed!
We Want to Hear About Your Experience!
Deadline to submit nominations is December 17, 2014!