KP Friday Focus
May 8, 2015
Things we noticed this week . . .
- Teachers and staff loving the notes of appreciation from their students.
- Teachers working collaboratively to assess Big Rocks.
- Students writing special messages acknowledging adults in the building.
- Teachers acknowledge students even when the students were not exactly on topic yet allowed the students to share a different perspective.
- Teachers showing extreme patience and care in dealing with a student experiencing a difficult time and work collaboratively with counselors and clinicians to aid the student.
- 7th grade science students working to represent sections of the human skeletal system using hand drawn forms and cut-outs.
- 7th grade science students learning about vibration, friction, and shear in regards to human vocal chords.
- 7th grade math students making predictions about the volume of cylinders based on new and changing information.
- Staff pulling together to support our community both in CT and in Nepal!
- SBAC Testing Continues
Tuesday, May 12
- Department Supervisor Mtg - 1:00 to 2:30PM @ Hall High School
- 7th Grade Concert 7:00PM and TCBY fundraiser following in large cafe
Wednesday, May 13
- CSI - Department
Thursday, May 14
- Meet the Hall HS Principal Breakfast - 8:30 to 9:30AM
Friday, May 15
- Diamond Team to Wadsworth Atheneum - 9:15AM to 1:00PM
Diamond Team to Wadsworth Atheneum Information
Traffic Detour Information
Beginning week of May 4 all southbound traffic on King Philip Drive will be detoured. If you drive to work going south on KP Drive you have two options.
- Take North Main Street instead; take a left on Huron; Left onto KP Drive to be able to get into the faculty parking lot.
- From KP Drive going south, take a left onto Lyman Rd; Right onto Mohegan; Right onto Mohawk; Right onto KP Drive to be able to get into the faculty parking lot.
Click below to see official notice.
Gems Awards to:
- Mike Burton from colleague Liz Anderson his flexibility and good work with challenging students! And another from colleague Susanne for helping me complete a time consuming project.
- Pete Gustafson, Nancy Barlow, Laura Nichols, Samantha Warner, Danielle Drozd, Sue Martucci, Johannah Kosienski, Jen Gable, Janel Aquadro, Eva Liebl, Marnie Paulus, Kim Harrell, Joe Ganci, Nancy Zachor, Margarita Scobbo, Cheryl Pacyna, Matt Bannon, Shoshana LaPointe, Kate Pearson, Joy Wright, Art Yepes, Justin Gusy from colleague Marc Kotler for volunteering to help out with bus evacuation.
- Danielle Drozd from colleague Marc Kotler for covering a class outside of her discipline in a crunch.
- Marisa Tamayo from colleague Justin Gusy for translating an awkward message so graciously.
- Stacey Grindle, Megan Cassidy, and Eina Reiger from colleague Joy Wright for setting up and coordinating our 2015 Art Show. The school looks beautiful.
- Susanne Torcasio, Karen Walsh, Fran Hechenbleikner, and Deanna Johnson from colleague Joy for making my harebrain schemes (this week) not only possible but better than they were in my head.
- The KP Cares team members from admin colleagues for coordinating the efforts for KP to fight cancer together.
- Gwen Cardona, Joe Ganci, Brian Jones, and Charlotte Whitman-Logan from colleague Joy Wright for kicking off our spring concert series with GUSTO last night.
Coffee House is back!
Where: Teacher's Lounge
When: Monday's- during MA and 1st period
What's Brewing: ICED COFFEE!!!!!!! in addition to the regular hot beverage choices.
Why: It's only .50 cents and because you will be supporting our Special Needs Life Skill curriculum.
Thank you for your support!