Triton News: 8th Grade Promotion
Dear 8th Grade Parents,
It’s hard to believe that the school year is ending and the 2019 8th grade class will soon be CHS Islanders! The CMS faculty is so proud of our students, and we’re excited to celebrate them on June 12th!
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 12th :
- Students arrive to school at regularly scheduled time 7:58 a.m.
- Promotion practice until 10:30 a.m..
- Students released from school at 10:30 a.m.
8th Grade Promotion, 5:00 p.m. – Niedermeyer Field - 650 D Avenue
- Come early- parking and seating will be at capacity
- Students need to be at the line-up at 4:30 p.m. – ceremony starts promptly at 5:00 p.m.
- Professional photographers will be on the field to take pictures of students as they cross the stage – you will be able to access these photos of promotion and the dance at: www.partypics.com with the password: CMS19
- The entire promotion ceremony can be seen live via webcast at: http://cms.coronadousd.net/
- Appropriate attire and dress code applies:
- Boys should wear shirts with collars, slacks, and shoes.
- Girls should wear nice dresses, skirts or pant outfits and flats or wedges shoes.
-Spaghetti straps, bare midriffs, very short skirts/dresses, strapless or low-cut dresses or formal evening attire ARE NOT permitted. Spike Heels are not permitted as they cannot be worn on the track and artificial turf field. Other reminders: Students are not to carry purse and cell phones, wear hats and sunglasses, or chew gum during the ceremony.
- Dinner/Dance - CMS Granzer Hall: 6:15-9:00 p.m.
- Student Pickup 9:00 p.m. – We encourage all parents to pick up their child at CMS after the dance.
THURSDAY, JUNE 13th :
- Arrive to school at regularly scheduled time – 7:58 a.m.
- Breakfast: Granzer Hall: 8:30-9:45 a.m.
- Pick up certificates of acknowledgement.
- Early Release from school – 9:45 a.m.
Congratulations and thank you for a terrific year. It's been an absolute pleasure watching your students grow. I look forward to celebrating their successes with you on June 12th.
Karin Mellina, M.Ed.