Unlock your inner artist
Arts programs should be integrated in every school.
The arts enhances learning while connecting other subjects.
* the topics stretches students to think beyond what they were taught and rely on their own opinions
* uses fundamental skills commonly used in English and mathematics classes
*sharpens fine motor skills
Students who are involved in the arts are more likely to graduate.
* creates a global and personal awareness
* it gives the student a voice in their school and community
* teaches life lessons
The arts connects communities together while keeping old traditions alive.
Get involved in your school/community arts programs today!
- Directly stated from Burton: “The Burton study of more than 2000 children found that those in the arts curriculum were far superior in creative thinking, self-concept, problem-solving, self-expression, risk-taking, and cooperation than those who were not (“The Importance of Fine Arts Education”).
-Students who study art are 4 times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement and 3 times more likely to be awarded for school attendance.