West Olympia CC December 3
Foundations & Essentials 11, Challenge Week 14
Schedule Change for January
* * * * A fun way to change up working on the charts * * * *
Foundations: Digging Deeper At Home
Owl Pellets - this was FUN today! It was funny to see which students jumped in and who was completely grossed out. :) I didnt see anyone opt out completely though - so that is great!
- Video of an Owl regurgitating a pellet (not as bad as you'd think... LOL)
If you are anything like me, you are probably working on Latin Declensions with a slight eye-roll and wondering why??? Now that I am a Challenge Parent, I understand so much better - it is REALLY worth it! Here is a well written basic description of Latin Declensions.
Here is a really neat article that connects the Byzantine Empire with some of our timeline points: 'East/West Schism of the Church", "Justinian's Code", and "The Split of the Roman Empire."
(Idea and resource overload here - click at your own risk :) )
Foundations Memory Work Review Party
Thursday, Jan. 7th 2016 at 9am-1pm
Click HERE for RSVP & More Details
Challenge Overview for Week 14
Here are some examples of possible Assessment topics:
* Drawing the Western Hemisphere and Europe
* Review the 42 Catechism Questions they've been memorizing
* Demonstrating some of the mathematical concepts
* Review the Scientists they have studied and plot them on a timeline
* List out logical proofs they have been working through.
* Write an essay demonstrating some of the writing techniques they have learned, such as parallelism and amplification.
* Write a short story in Latin
* Memorize the American History Timeline they have worked on so far
* Discuss some of the concepts covered in Apologia: Physical Science
* Present their Art History and Timeline notebooks
* Translate Original Texts from Latin to English