March Jr/Sr High Newsletter
7th and 8th Grade NYS ELA and Math Tests in April
Reminder: The 7th and 8th Grade NYS Math Assessments are administered in April. Specifically, 7th and 8th Grade ELA assessments will be administered the mornings of April 14-16, 2015. 7th and 8th Grade Math assessments will be administered the morning of April 24-26, 2015.
If your child(ren) seems especially nervous about tests:
- Offer words of encouragement, and practice stress-relieving exercises together, such as deep breathing.
- Try to keep your talk about tests casual, positive, and non-confrontational.
- Meet with teachers or a guidance counselor to discuss your child's progress and activities to do at home to help prepare for tests.
- Know how different test results are used, and how they will affect your child's placement in school. Teachers and guidance counselors are great information sources.
- Let your child know that you will be proud of the test results as long as his/her best effort was put forth.
Before important tests, make sure your child:
- Gets a good night's sleep.
- Eats a wholesome breakfast.
- Dresses comfortably.
- Arrives at school on time.
- Has all necessary materials (e.g., pen, pencil, eraser, calculator).
- Avoids stressful situations (such as arguments) prior to testing.
Attention Parents and Students: Morning and Afternoon Hallway Reminders
Did you know that over 70% of Galway Jr/SR High School Students are involved in extra-curricular activities, including sports, drama and clubs? We think that is awesome and hope to see at least 80% next year! A reminder to all our extra-curricular participants: Student must report to the Cafeteria or Library by 2:30 - Students are not to wait in the hallway or by your lockers for practice or your activity to start.
One reason Galway is a great place to be is because our students have a tremendous amount of Eagle Pride and understand the importance of keeping their school a safe place to be!
Galway Jr/Sr High School Production of "Into The Woods", March 27-29
Friday, March 27th, 7pm
5317 Sacandaga Road
Galway Mastermind Wins 1st League Title; Brooke Martin, Leading Scorer in New York State
Congratulations to Brooke Martin, 10th grade student, who was the leading Masterminds scorer in the state of New York for the 2014-15 regular season!
Galway Students Attend Columbia Scholastic Press Association's Annual Convention
Dr. Bird Comes Back To Galway CSD
Galway Central School Response To Intervention (RTI) Plan
The attached RTI reference guide is intended to increase understanding of Galway CSD’s Response to Intervention and how it advances the Board of Education goals for student achievement.