Teaching the Way of Jesus Christ.
May 4, 2020
A Message from the Principal
Dear Holy Family Catholic School Community,
Happy May and Hail Mary! May is a special month for Catholics as we celebrate Mary as our Spiritual Mother, and the Mother of the Church.
We will have our virtual May Crowning Prayer Service on May 13, the Feast of Our Lady of Fatima.
Parent Pick-Up of Student Belongings and Drop-Off of Library Books is scheduled for Friday, May 15, from 12:00pm to 4:00pm, and Saturday, May 16, from 9:00am to 1:00pm. Please read the following procedures.
· Use this Sign-Up Genius link to choose a pick-up/drop-off day and time: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0C4FA9AA28A6F49-classroom
· Bag your student’s library and/or textbooks in a zip-lock bag.
· Label the bag with your student’s name and grade level.
· Display a sign with your last name on your car window and park in front of the school at your designated date/time.
· A staff person will bring your bagged student’s belongings to your car and pick up any books that you are returning. Student medication will also be returned to parents at this time.
· The school will not edit any of the materials/belongings found in lockers and cubbies; teachers will bag items as they are found.
· Teachers will wear gloves and masks when they are bagging student materials.
· Returned books will be “quarantined” for two weeks and will be disinfected before being re-shelved.
· Diocesan protocol requires that students do not accompany parents during this pick-up and drop-off process.
· Please contact me if you need to schedule a different pick-up date/time.
Graduation plans are still under discussion as HFCS seeks to find ways to honor our 8th graders in a safe and meaningful way during this unusual time. Please be patient as we work through our plans, which will be announced next week.
A Prayer of Gratitude for Our HFCS Teachers
We are grateful for our teachers, who are guided with your wisdom
to help shape the minds of our students.
We are grateful for our teachers, who are guided by your truth
to help shape the consciences of our students.
We are grateful for our teachers, who are guided by your vision
so that our students may shape the future.
We are grateful for our teachers, who are filled with your divine love
so they may teach our students with loving care.
My prayers are with you as we continue to navigate the virtual teaching and learning process together.
Monday Morning Prayer for May 4, 2020
Third Quarter Awards
Third Quarter Honor Roll
Grade 5 - Sami Lopez, Kaitlyn Szostek, Tuesday Hiett, Meagan King, Ludmilla Saba, and Adriana Villarrea. l
Grade 6 - David Granado, Rose Morton, Alexa Gottlieb, and Jackson Schuster.
Grade 7 - Bella Alfaro, Sophia Hughes, Jordan Hill, and Kylie Sterett.
Grade 8 - Olivia Vasquez, Annie Fatima, Aidan Souder, and Amaryn Moreno.
Grade 5 - Anna Stepczynski, Mary Ellen Price. Addie Roels, and John Cote.
Grade 6 - Abigail Smith, Cooper Orand, Lauret Miller, Aaron Morales, Caleb Marks, and Jude Pierce.
Grade 7 - Carter Smith, Lucas Asprilla, Chloe McClain, Drew Hill, Aden Geary, and Brent Neill.
Grade 8 - Alicia Luna, Tyler Phillips, Daniel Aselage, and Christian Paddack.
Grade 7 Adrianna Gray.
Grade 8 - Lily Barker and Michael Spencer.
Way to go, Hornets!
3rd Quarter AR Results Are In!
Here are the AR results for Quarter Three for the 2019-2020 school year. Great Reading, Hornets!
Grade 1 - Drew Garcia, Max Motheral and Cash Henry.
Grade 2 - Josh Matasso, Benjamin Price, and Blake Roman.
Grade 3 - Emory Browning, Nevis Cacciotti, and David Garcia.
Grade 4 - Julia Garcia, Ashton Brissette, and Tristan San Miguel.
Grade 5 - Samantha Lopez, Adriana Villarreal, and Kaitlyn Szostek.
Grade 6 - Aaron Morales, Alexa Gottlieb, and Rose Morton and Lauret Miller.
Grade 7 - Sophia Hughes, Drew Hill, and Lucas Asprilla.
Grade 8 - Amaryn Moreno, Tyler Phillips, and Alicia Luna.