Texan Math News
November 17, 2014
18th: DMS Family Night
20th: Campus Presentation
24th - 28th: THANKSGIVING BREAK
TEAM WORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
Lesson Plan Expectations:
- Copy lesson plans from TEAM PLANNER into INDIVIDUAL PLANNERS
- There should be AT LEAST ONE "Student-Centered Activity" in your plans each week.
- Include possible "ACE Strategies" that can be implemented in your lessons.
Lesson Plans are to be uploaded into Eduphoria EVERY WEDNESDAY by 5:00 PM.
- Lesson Plans should be in through Thanksgiving Break (11/21)
- Lesson Plans for December 1 thru December 5 were to be submitted by November 13th.
- Lesson Plans for December 8 thru December 12 will be reviewed November 21st.
- It is a CAMPUS & DISTRICT EXPECTATION for Word Walls to be UP and UPDATED in all classrooms.
- Word Walls should be cumulative of concepts/units previously taught and being taught currently.
- Vocabulary included on the word walls should be referred to daily, throughout your lesson(s).
Strategies for Teaching Academic Vocabulary
- Word Wall Centers (Spin-A-Word)
- Paraphrasing Pyramid
- Compare-Contrast using Venn Diagram
Unit Assessment Info/Data
ACE (Active Cognitive Engagement)
Objectives covered during RTI Interventions are based on data from Unit Assessments.
Order of Operations w/Exponents