December 7-December 13, 2015
“Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation.”
ACP Testing & Assessment Items
Ms. Ivery leads our wrestling team to victory.
Ms. Win uses students to help support her by having them help other struggling students understand class work.
2015-2016 Key Actions
- Use of Teacher Excellence Initiative and spot observations to evaluate use of data to facilitate small group instruction within class to meet the needs of students who may struggle with understanding the first delivery of instruction. Problem areas must be anticipated and planned for daily.
- Use of Teacher Excellence Initiative to emphasize the use of an effective Demonstration of Learning to measure student understanding of concepts.
- Use of bell to bell instruction to increase instructional efficiency by minute to minute planning of classroom instruction.
- Enhance CATE Pathways through inventory of 21st century practices and strengthen alignment between NAF/State expectations and actual campus classroom practice to assure that students are career ready upon graduation from Emmett J. Conrad High School.
Failure rate increases
Conrad Feeder Pattern Foci
Listed below are items that our entire feeder works to make norms for every class in the Conrad Feeder Pattern.
- Progress Monitoring: Teacher-managed Profiling & Student-managed Profiling
- Differentiated Individualized Professional Development
- Data Driven Decisions and Instruction
- Graphic Organizer Utilization
- Justification of student responses (i.e. How do you know? Why? What does that mean? Explain, etc.)
- Scaffolding Instruction
- Differentiate Instruction, inclusive of Small Group Instruction/Instructional Stations
- No Opt Out, Think-Pair-Share, Cold Call
- Content Specific Writing
- Content Specific Reading
Monday, December 7
6/7:30pm-Varsity Basketball(Girls) vs Carrolton Creekview @ Creekview High School
6/7:30pm-Varsity Basketball(Boys) vs Pinkston @ Pinkston High School
Wednesday, December 9
6pm-Wrestling @ Conrad
Thursday, December 10
8:15 am- ACP Test Training in Library
6pm-Swimming at Loos
6pm-Senior Skating Night at Galleria Mall
Friday, December 11
6/7:30pm-Varsity Basketball(Girls) vs Hockaday @ Tasby Middle School
Saturday, December 12
Announcements & Action Items
- Please post lesson plans in a visible place for visitors to access. (Remember lesson plans should reflect pacing by the minute for components within the lesson plan)
- Be sure and review spot observation data and make the necessary adjustment before your next spot observation occurs.
December 18-22-ACP Testing