Opening Day Reminders
Monday, September 7
Message from Principal Stewart
Dear Parents and Students
When can I meet the teachers?
What does my child do the morning of the first day? Click here for a video with instructions from our assistant principals.
What do we do with attendance issues this week?
Call our school to report absences or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classes run Tuesday to Friday
- All students report to Advisory each morning (T to F) from 8:35 AM to 8:55 AM
- Then there are FOUR blocks per day for 82 minutes each
- In general, each block meets for a total of 82 minutes
- The first 41 minutes is called synchronous learning
- That same block continues to meet for another 41 minutes in what LCPS calls a Learning Lab
- Synchronous Learning (SL), Learning Lab (LL), and an "exception" are explained below
- The bell schedule is also available here
School Terms Explained
Learning Lab - During Learning Lab time, students will receive small group, synchronous instruction during the specified block. The learning lab is a time during which students would be working on that particular subject, and the teacher would pull small groups of students from the class together for synchronous instruction at that time and be available to help remediate, enrich, and challenge them. This occurs in the second 41 minute section of each 82 minute block.
One Exception - for parents of students in Music 6, Music 7, Art 7 and Spectrum 6 and 7...
As you know from our bell schedule, most classes operate on a 41-minute Synchronous Learning (SL) time followed by a 41-minute Learning Lab (LL) time. There is an exception that is important to be aware of and although the teachers will be going over this during class time, please talk about it with your children. If, after reading the link, you aren't sure what to do, please contact the dean or counselor for your grade level.
Need to Look at Previous emails from the school?
Who do i contact with questions?
email@example.com, registrar and attendance secretary
Any Other Questions:
firstname.lastname@example.org, assistant principal (assessment)
email@example.com, assistant principal (special education)