Indian Bayou Elementary
A Message From Our Principal
On January 20, we will be hosting Grandparents day at IBES. It's been a few years since we've been able to invite our grandparents to visit, and we're very excited! Information will be sent home this week with details. We look forward to the event!
Check the newsletter and upcoming dates for other events happening during the month. Information on all upcoming events will be sent home in a timely manner. Thank you for your child's consistent attendance! We want to provide our precious students with the best education possible, and we can only do that if they are sititng in our classrooms! Your help in this area is invaluable, and we appreciate all that you do! I love that we are working together and "living that Bayou life"!
Upcoming Dates For January
January 11- AR Reward
January 11- Jr. Beta meeting at lunch
January 11- Students may pay $1 per garment to dress out of uniform
January 13- Students may pay $1 to wear out of uniform bottoms with a school shirt or spirit shirt
January 16- No School- Martin Luther King, Jr Day
January 17- Pre-k/Kindergarten Parent/Teacher Conferences--These students DO NOT report to school
January 17- 4-H meeting
January 18- Students may pay $1 per garment to dress out of uniform
January 18 - Community and Coffee Event in the library - 7:30-8:15
January 19 - School board meeting at 6 pm
January 20 - Students may pay $1 to wear out of uniform bottoms with a school shirt or spirit shirt.
January 20 - Grandparents’ Day
January 23 - Students can wear PBIS shirt with uniform bottoms.(Current PBIS Shirts)
January 25 - Students may pay $1 per garment to dress out of uniform
January 25 - Jr Beta club meeting at lunch recess
January 27- 100th Day of School (info will be sent home)
January 27 - Students may pay $1 to wear out of uniform bottoms with a school shirt or spirit
January 30 - Students can wear current PBIS shirt with uniform bottoms.(Current PBIS Shirts)
January Students of the Month
Prek Mrs. Michelle Broussard-Ellis Cormier
K Mrs. Alaina Meaux- Linkin Hollier (Not Pictured)
K Mrs. Amie Taylor- Tucker Hoffpauir
1st Mrs. Aimee Patin-Finn Broussard
1st Mrs. Molly Bourque-Brentlee McGee
2nd Mrs. Tia Parker-Jackson Fontenot
2nd Mrs. Jayla Tidwell- Noah Tidwell
3rd Mrs. Mary Hernandez-Kasen Leger
3rd Mrs. Tillie Richard- Rhett Boulet
4th Ms. Stephanie Schexnyder- Rami Terro
4th Mrs. Jena Gaspard- Wade Wisser
5th Mr. Mitchell Schexnyder- Aden Goudeau
5th Mrs. Holly LeBlanc- Jolie Peltier
1. Attendance at school EVERY DAY is vital for the academic success of your child. Please make every effort to ensure your child’s attendance at school. IBES will follow the VPSB Attendance Policy which is found in the front part of this Student/Parent Handbook.
2. An elementary student can miss no more than 12 school days per year to be eligible for promotion. Exceptions can be made only in the event of extended personal illness as verified by a physician and/or other extenuating circumstances approved by the principal
3. Excuses must be written by a parent/guardian or physician and returned to Mrs. Honey in the office within 5 days of the student's return to school. Parent excuses are counted against the attendance requirement. After 3 parent excuses, the parent will meet with the principal or her designee to discuss attendance issues. After the 5th unexcused absence the parent/ student may be referred to TASC or FINS.
4. Tardiness to school: Students who arrive at school after 8:10 a.m. are tardy and therefore MUST be signed in at the office by the person bringing him.
5. Excessive unexcused and/or unwarranted absences or tardies or early sign-outs shall be reported to the Vermilion Parish TASC force and the Vermilion Parish Supervisor of Child Welfare and Attendance. We will comply with VPSB and state policies regarding this.
PBIS Christmas Raffle
Grand Prize Winners!
Taytum and Ainzley were the BIG winners for the PBIS raffle!
Lots of Winners!
Students won prizes by being encouraging to others during the weeks before Christmas.