Jaguar Band Newsletter
Week of August 12, 2019
August 12th - 18th
Message From Mr. Lucita
Online Store is Open!
Pit Crew Workdays
Pictures Taken by HaysCISD
Sync Your Calendar
From Mr. Lucita
First week of school here we come! Now for this weeks schedule which is going to be crazy busy as well as crazy exciting! Monday and Tuesday we have our last two “Summer Band” rehearsals. They are from 6:00-9:00 PM. NO band practice on Wednesday!!! Thursday is our first after school practice 4:30-6:30 PM wearing a white t-shirt, followed immediately by the “Meet the Jags” at 6:40 PM in the JHS Stadium where we will introduce the Jaguar Band! We will perform the Jaguar Fight Song and Johnson School Song to get everyone ready for the upcoming season! Friday morning is the KVUE Early Morning TV spot! Call time is 4:45 AM ready to go in the band hall! And finally, we round out the week with our first of 2 Saturday practices from 8:00-1:00! If you want to take this schedule with you make sure you sync the Jaguar Band’s calendar with your phone. Visit www.JohnsonBands.org and follow the instructions for syncing the calendar!
Before we wrap up this letter I would like to share a few celebrations! A big shout out to our Jaguar Volunteers who have been helping out this week! The old saying of “it takes a village” has never been more true! This week our village (parent volunteers) have been at the band hall serving meals each day ensuring our marching jags are fed! They have been sitting outside in the wonderful Texas heat helping take care of any of our kiddos that may have gotten too hot or were not feeling well. But that is not all, there was also a group of volunteer parents that were there Wednesday and Thursday for the entire afternoon block making sure that our students' uniforms fit them perfectly!! Our village is strong!!!!
Would also like to thank Chaparral Photography for taking our students pictures this week. Parents, if you forgot to send in your order form you can still order pictures using the attached form. Students may bring the form to Mrs. Mendez at the band office or order online at http://Chaparralphoto.com
Hope it’s a great weekend and let’s continue our “Journey” to excellence!
Online Store Is Open!
Please note that the store is open until August 25th and items will be generated and shipped after the store closes. We expect that items will arrive by September 8th.
* Shipping for all orders has been adjusted to $3.25. If you placed an order before this change was made, the difference will be refunded onto your credit card. Please contact Carmen Sifuentes at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
8/13: 9:00 pm: Free Kona Snow Cones to celebrate the end of Summer Band!
8/14: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm: Hat Creek Spirit Night Fundraiser
8/15: 6:30 pm: Meet the Jags (immediately following band practice)
8/16: 4:45 am: KVUE Kick-Off (filming of news story about the opening of JHS)
8/30: Away Game: Hendrickson
9/5: Home Game: Hutto
9/13: Away Game: Yorktown
Pit Crew Workdays
Saturdays, 8/17 and 8/24, 8:00 am - 1:00 pm (while band is practicing)
All are welcome. Basic tools are needed. Come for as long as you are able. Projects include cleaning equipment, painting, assembly/disassembly, installation of shelving, and construction of new props. Questions - contact PitCrew@johnsonbands.com or 512-468-8319.
* Interested in purchasing an ad celebrating your student? We have a committee that is responsible for creating the program's (booklets) that are sold at home football games. Football Program Ad deadline is 8/15. This is open to all Johnson students! Your personal ad will be featured in all of the football programs published this season! PLEASE share this information with your JHS friends and any business owners you may know (we are also selling business ads) as this is a fundraiser for JHS Band. (Form below)
* Game Day Meal Plan deadline has been EXTENDED to 8/16! Without this meal plan, you will have to make sure your student has food they can eat immediately after school and before they change into marching uniform and leave campus to game locations. Please visit https://www.johnsonbands.com/shop to purchase meal plan(s).
* Competition Meal Plan deadline is 8/28. This plan offers 2 meals each competition day (lunch and dinner) and is highly recommended as it is very difficult to get food to your student at the right times. Please visit https://www.johnsonbands.com/shop to purchase meal plan(s).
* First annual Jaguar Jog 5K/10K! Join us on September 21st for the start of an annual tradition on campus. The Inaugural Jaguar Jog will start and end on our own JHS campus! Sign up now at tinyurl.com/2019jags5k.
2 Week Practice Schedule At A Glance
Tuesday, 8/13: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm (9 pm: Free Kona Snow Cones to celebrate the end of Summer Band!)
Thursday, 8/15: 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm (Meet the Jags following band practice.)
Saturday, 8/17: 8:00 am - 1:00 pm (Due to early school calendar)
Monday, 8/19: 4:30 - 7:30 pm
Tuesday, 8/20: 4:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Thursday, 8/22: 4:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Saturday, 8/24: 8:00 am - 1:00 pm (Due to early school calendar)
Sync Your Calendar to Charms!
Visit the Johnson Band Website for information on how to sync the Charms calendar to your phone.
Follow Us/Stay Connected
Remind 101 Full Band Code - Text @jagband19 to 81010
Remind 101 Parents Code - Text @jbparents to 81010