Goddess of Hearth and Home; Goddess of Architecture
By Shelly Schnoor
Roman name is Vesta
Hestia's father is Cronus.
Hestia's brothers and sisters include Hera, Demeter, Poseidon, Hades and Zeus.
She has no husband or children.
Ten Fast Facts
2. Her strengths were remaining calm, being gentle and very supportive of family. She represented security and happiness.
3. Hestia was immune to the goddess Aphrodite.
5. She is the most admired and honored goddess and is universally loved by all.
6. Hestia presided over the meals to the gods & also received the first offering from each meal, since they required fire from the hearth.
7. She dressed modestly and usually wore a veil.
8. Hestia presided over family meals, as well as communal feasts and events.
9. She was the first child to be swallowed at birth by her father, and the last to be regurgitated. She is known as the oldest and youngest child of Cronos and Rhea.
10. Hestia never took part in wars or arguments.