Cluster 1 Weekly Update
Changes to Schedule
We hope you are well! Starting next week, students will be required to attend four zoom meetings per week instead of two. Students are expected to go to English, Math, Social Studies, and Science once per week. The meetings will still be at 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM each day. The schedule and zoom links are listed in the linked GoogleDoc, which we have shared with all students on our Cluster GoogleClassroom as well.
On another note, here are next week's learning targets for the 4 core classes.
1. I can cite evidence from Inside Out and Back Again to support my analysis and strengthen my responses to the writing prompts.
2. I can determine the main idea of an informational text based on details in the text. In this case, looking at a short summary of the Vietnam War.
3. I can identify examples of figurative language and analyze their meaning in Inside Out and Back Again. (simile, metaphor, personification etc.)
1. I can analyze thematic maps to gather information about Europe.
2. I can cite evidence from a text to better answer comprehension questions.
3. I can interact with different websites to research differences and similarities in my World’s Fair Country and the United States.
1. I can use rock layers to determine the relative age of fossils
2. I can compare the different ways fossils are made
I can represent data and its variability through a box plot.
As always, we are here to serve your students. Let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you!
The Cluster 1 Team