September 19, 2016
Constitution Awareness Day/Week
Per state law, we are required as a school to help students become aware of the importance of the US Constitution. We will do this at East this year by having a daily morning, child friendly announcement with brief information about the US Constitution
Tasks To Complete This Week of Sept 19th
- Sign Up for a 60 minute shift at McTeacher's Night on Wednesday, Sept 21st. Fun and easy way for our school to raise funds AND to connect with kids off campus. Sing up at this link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YWSo_IUuKwUzRhOUZ1PIHsg5Stsrq8G1wOR88OC0is8/edit#gid=1338240009
- Watch and sign off on the MAPS training videos prior to testing your students this week in Reading (See note in this weeks East Edition again).
- Complete the Child Abuse and Neglect video training by Sept. 30th.
Child Abuse & Neglect - Mandated Reporter Training
Here is the link: http://www.coloradocwts.com/mandated-reporter-training
When you get there click on the button: "Mandatory Reporter Training for Educators"
MAPS Training Videos
- Week of Sept 19th: Reading
- Week of Sept 25: Math
- Week of Oct 3: Language
- Week of Oct 10: Science - 5th Grade Only
Here is the link for viewing videos. Use your NWEA/MAPS log in password and username for access to this link: https://teach.mapnwea.org/assist/help_map/Content/AboutMAP/VideoBrowse/VideoTutorials.htm
- MAP Intro - 3 mins
- Testing Overview Video - 2 mins
- Testing Demonstration Video - 4 mins
- Set Up Testing Video - 2 mins
- Interrupt and Continue Testing Video - 4 mins
- Proctor Practice Video - interactive video (time depends upon your length ofuse of the video)
Here is the Google Doc for signing off when completed: http://goo.gl/1YNAs7
Happening This Week (Sept 19th - 23rd)
MAP Testing for Reading needs to be completed by all 1st - 5th graders this week.
Probes and Diagnostic Testing for kids scoring in well below/significant range on Benchmark by Lauren and Tiffany.
Reading intervention and Special Education in full swing this week.
Monday, Sept 12
- CoPlanning with Instructional Coach & Principal during PE/Music or Life Skills/Library Time.
- Staff Meeting @ 3:40 pm in Lisa Campbell's 5th Grade Room
- DPPEC Meeting at 4:00 pm - Admin Building
Tuesday, Sept 13
Art E Day
- Health Screening during Pe/Music this week for all students
- Girls on the Run - 3:30 pm
- RTI Problem Solving Team Meeting - Getting Organized - 3:40 pm
- PAC Meeting for parents 5:30 pm in the LIbrary
Wednesday, Sept 14
Art F Day
- Elementary Principal Collab Meeting 8:30 am @ Admin Building
- McTeacher's Night Fundraiser 4:00 - 7:00 pm at McDonalds
- Benefits Committee Meeting - 6:00 pm at Admin Building
Thursday, Sept 15
- Girls on the Run - 3:30 pm
- Board of Education Meeting (4:00 pm work session; 6:30 pm regular session)
Friday, Sept 16
- Friday Collab/Early Release - All certified staff leave at 2:15 pm.
McTeacher's Night - Easy Fundraiser - Fun For Kids
Each year, the owners of McDonalds provide the opportunity for us to raise funds by working and serving customers at McDonald's Restaurant. 50% of all sales between 4:00 - 7:00 pm will be given to the school Last year we raised over $1000 in the 3 hours we worked. it is a fun and easy fundraiser that will add money to the PAC fund. Parent have identified that the priority of PAC funds are currently designated to help with additional learning materials needed for teachers and classrooms, field trips and school sets of iPads. The students love seeing their teachers behind the counter. The class with the highest percentage of students come to the restaurant will get an ice cream sundae party and one extra recess. Please sign up at the following link for a 60 minute shift. It is lots of fun. https://goo.gl/OxQkeL