Brahma Weekly Updates
WEEK 37: May 18 -22, 2020
Welcome to Week 37.
It's Classified Staff Appreciation Week!
According to the California Department of Education, all schools are encouraged to recognize May 17–23, 2020 as Classified School Employee Week. We celebrate our Classified Staff and are so appreciative of their commitment and dedication to our school. One area that stands out for me is how our Classified Staff have pulled together during our school closure and Distance Learning period. Our classified staff have played a tremendous role in maintaining our campus, supporting our students, and communicating with our parents. We love our Classified Staff and on behalf of all DBHS staff, thanks to all classified employees!
Classified Appreciation Week!
Thanks Carrie for taking care of everything!
Front Office Manager and Administrative Assistant
Congratulations to Francisco Espinosa!
2019 Cornerstone Honoree!
School does not run without Jolina & Mike!
Jolina McCurry - Guidance Office
Mike Bromberg - Operations Manager
Class of 2020, we want to hang out with you, laughing, enjoying each other's talents, all at the same time (just not in the same place). The "Senior Showcase" will air on Wednesday, May 27 at 7:00 pm from the school website. But, we are hoping for more submissions. It can be a video that you just made of a talent you've been perfecting for years or one you've developed while being quarantined, it can be a video from the past that you are willing to share, it can be funny, beautiful, informative, or even sentimental.
Some examples: a song you are great at singing (recorded recently or any time in the past, even at a school performance) a dance routine (from a rally, school performance, competition, 6th grade dance recital, or one you just recorded) a magic trick, juggling, a painting demonstration.
All submissions must be:
- focused on a senior Brahma
The absolute last day we can take submissions is Wednesday, May 20 at 2:00.
Make it your spirit day submission
IMPORTANT DATES - SENIORS AND END OF YEAR ACTIVITIES
- All assignments will be posted or emailed each week between Sunday @ 9 AM - Monday @ 9 AM.
- 5/18 - 5/22 AP Testing IMPORTANT RESOURCES: Click HERE
- 5/18 – 5/22 Performing Arts Senior Tributes
- 5/19/2020 Pathways Senior Recognition
- 5/22/2020 Seniors Last Day
- 5/22/20 Friday Night Stadium Lights Tribute
- 5/25/2020 Memorial Day - No School
- 5/26/2020 Senior Rally Posters
- 5/27/2020 Senior Talent Show - Virtual Performance
- 5/28/2020 Diploma Distribution 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- 5/28/2020 All School Awards – Virtual Recognition 4:00 PM
- 5/28/2020 Virtual Graduation Ceremony Youtube Premier - 6:30 PM
- 5/28/2020 Thursday Night Stadium Lights Tribute 8:20 PM
- 5/28/2020 Post-Ceremony (drive thru) - "Purple Parade" 8:30 - 10:00 PM
SENIOR - Textbook Collection
Senior Textbook Collection
Friday(5/22) & Saturday (5/23)
- Please bring all textbooks, novels, library books and any school issued equipment (Chromebooks w/power cord, Musical Instruments, etc.) that need to be turned in.
- We will also have a booth for students needing to pick up cap & gowns, Brahma Tech stoles, Health Office medications, and unclaimed locker contents.
- Senior Student Accounts must be cleared to ensure there is no delay issuing your diploma and final transcript.
- Please check your “Parent Portal” under “ Fees and Fines” to see what is outstanding.
- After all materials and equipment are processed, student accounts will be updated by June 1st.
NOTE: Herff-Jones Cap & Gown purchases, Brahma Tech stole and Health Office medication pickups will only be available on FRIDAY, MAY 22nd.
Class of 2020 - We are celebrating your Post-Secondary plans!
Our Assistant Principal, Grade Level Coordinators (GLCs), and Intervention Counselor are here to help students in academics, social emotional needs, and activities. Go Brahmas!
Pathways Communications Academy (PCA) Recruitment for the Class of 2023!
Performing Arts End of the Year Awards Ceremonies:
Band and Drumline: Friday May 22 @ 7:00 p.m.
Orchestra and Color Guard: Saturday, May 23 @ 7:00 p.m.
Choir: Friday, May 22 @ 8:00 p.m.
Link information will be posted on the Choir website
Dance: Tuesday, May 19 @ 6:30 p.m.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 779 8964 8753
Drama & Stagecraft: Wednesday, May 20 @ 7:00 p.m.
Resources During Expanded Distance Learning April 20 - May 28, 2020
Reminder: If you need any support during our school closure, click on the links below to connect with a DBHS or Walnut Valley Unified School District representative.
*Meal Distribution Program Continues throughout Phase 2 - Thanks to our WVUSD Nutrition Services Department!
Summer School Info June 8 - July 16, 2020
DBHS Summer School 2020
All Summer School programs will be hosted online for the 2020 session.
Monday - Thursday
June 8 - July 16
7:30 am – 1:00 pm
Students will receive email updates over the next few weeks using the email addresses submitted in the summer school applications. Please be sure to check both school and personal email accounts, including your junk mail file.
Regular updates will also be provided on the Summer School webpage on the DBHS.org for specific details on each program, using the link below:
Still want a class???
WVUSD REMEDIATION PROGRAM AS ASSIGNED BY YOUR GLC
MT. SAC PROGRAM ALL SEATS ARE FULL. No further seats will be offered.
DEDICATED TO LEARNING PROGRAM
Limited Seats are available for the Dedicated to Learning program. Students can attempt to add a class by completing the LATE REGISTRATION APPLICATION FORM available on the link below from 12:00 pm on May 18 through 12:00 pm on May 28.
Use this link to visit the D2L summer school webpage: https://www.dedicated2learning.org/diamond-bar-hs.html