Reynolds Family Weekly Newsletter
September 12, 2021
This week we have two Minimum Days.
- Tuesday September 14
- Wednesday September 15
All Kindergarten - Fifth grade students will be dismissed at 12:25 p.m.
Please make arrangements for your student(s) to be picked up on time
Mrs. Liliana Gordon-Gonzalez, Principal
Mrs. Berlinda Akao, Assistant Principal
School Site Council Vacancies
These candidates need to be voted in by parents to serve on the School Site Council Committee.
- Follow the Quarantine Guidelines
- Please monitor your student for COVID-19 symptoms daily prior to bringing/sending them to school.
- Please see the guideline on what to do if your child is sick.
COVID-19 Testing - Flyer
Register for your test and sign up for secure access to your results within 24-48 hours using the link: https://oside.testscheduler.net/register
Testing is voluntary. OUSD provides free COVID-19 testing to students and staff at the following locations, days, and times:
- Oceanside HS & El Camino HS: Mondays & Thursdays, 8:00am-3:00pm
- Libby Elementary & ESS Office (2080 Mission Ave.): Mondays & Thursdays, 9:30am-4:00pm
Questions about testing please call 760-966-4081
September is Suicide Prevention Month. Unfortunately, suicide has been on the rise and it is the second leading cause of death among people ages 10-34. It is important to bring awareness and remind everyone that they matter.
If we have students experiencing suicidal ideations please let me know.
If you or someone you know is experiencing suicidal ideations, please don't hesitate to contact the National Suicide Hotline at 1800-273-8255.
If you’re uncomfortable talking on the phone, you can also text NAMI to 741-741 to be connected to a free, trained crisis counselor on the Crisis Text Line.
For additional resources please refer back to National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). https://www.nami.org/get-involved/awareness-events/suicide-prevention-awareness-month
Makeup Picture Day
- Thursday, September 23
Minimum Day Tuesday September 14, 2021
This will be an additional minimum day to the regular Wednesday minimum day.
Frequently Asked Questions about devices
This document will be continuously updated with new questions/information.
- Our gates will open at 7:45 am and the bell rings at 8:15 am
- Only students will be allowed to enter the school gates.
- All students and staff must wear a mask while indoors and upon entering the school.
- All students are eligible to receive free breakfast and lunch.
- Please send a reusable water bottle with your child.
- Wednesdays are minimum days. Students in K- 5th grades are dismissed at 12:25 pm.
- Tk students are dismissed at 11:35 a.m. everyday
Car Arrival and Dismissal
Arrival Reminders ALL Grades:
- Please drive up all the way up to drop off your student
- Please stay in your car as you drop off your student
- All parents stay in car lane to drop off your student and DO NOT cut other cars in line or double park to get out and walk your child
Dismissal Reminders :
- Please drive up all the way up as staff will escort your student toward your car
- Please do not double park and ask your student to cross in between cars
- Please keep the line moving; your child will walk to your car
Back gate is open during arrival and dismissal.
Thank you for your continued patience during arrival and dismissal for the safety of our students.
Dates to Remember
9/14 Tuesday Minimum Day
9/15 Wednesday Minimum Day
9/23 Picture Makeup Day
Visitors on Campus
Visitors on Campus Protocols in place until updated CDPH Guidance Expected: November 1, 2021
We are striving to protect our children and community from illness and provide full time in person instruction. In order to do this we are following the CDPH guidelines.