PJHS September '22 Newsletter
From the Counselor
As we start out the school year and we are focused on getting back into routines and recalling last year's learning, it is important to take time to remind our kids to be kind. As we sit and help our kids with homework or ask about what they learned for the day, interject some quick questions about what they did that day that was kind or how someone else around them showed kindness. If asked day after day, students will begin to look around them to find/be these kindness examples. One rule of thumb I use for my own children is instead of walking in a room and worrying if people like you, go around that room making sure people know you like them.
Click here to read more about how we can promote kindness in schools and at home.
- JH Football (7th Grade @ 4PM, 8th Grade @ 5:30 - unless otherwise noted)
- 09/07 - vs. Morenci @ Home
- 09/14 - @ Safford
- 09/21 - vs. Duncan @ Home (8th Grade only - 4:00 PM)
- 09/29 - @ Thatcher
- JH Volleyball (7th Grade @ 4PM, 8th Grade @ 5PM - unless otherwise noted)
- 09/01 - vs. Duncan @ Home
- 09/06 - vs. Thatcher @ Home
- 09/08 - @ Destiny
- 09/12 - vs. Morenci @ Home
- 09/15 - @ Safford
- 09/20 - @ Solomon
- 09/22 - vs. Ft. Thomas @ Home
- 09/27 - @ Duncan
- 09/29 - @ Thatcher
Knowledge Bowl Meet -
- 09/21 - @ Thatcher 2:00pm
- 9/11 - 9/11 Stair Climb at EAC to honor those that served.
- 9/15 - Advisory Schedule
- 9/6-10/31 - Student Council is doing a spare change fundraiser. Whichever grade level raises the most money will have a ”reward” at the fall sports assembly.
- TOPS practice every Monday after school
- Knowledge Bowl practice every Wednesday after school
- Chess Club meets every Monday and Tuesday after school.
- Photography and Yearbook Club will meet every Tuesday and Wednesday after school.
If your student is struggling, please reach out to the teacher(s) right away for help and/or suggestions on how to support their learning.
Remember to check Power School!
Students and Athletes of the Month
7th Grade - Lily Apodaca
8th Grade - Joel Mattice
The September Athletes of the Month Are:
7th Grade - Van Papa
8th Grade - Demi Derrick