Anchient Number project
By: Caleb and RP
The advantages to the american number system is that there is any number you can think of. A disadvantage for chinese it is just base tens except for the first 9. A way that they are equal is that you can just put the numbers right beside each other and you make a new number. An advantage for chinese is that even though you do not have numbers like 22 you can just put the numbers together to make a whole new number. Also There is less numbers to keep track of in the chinese number system.
Caleb's And RP's Number System.
Zero is in the top left corner.
- Chinese Numbers
- -The Chinese number system dates back to 2000 BC. It was simple but effective.
- -The number system was more effective and advanced when they used the number system for trade.
- -They used bamboo rods to represent the numbers 1-9.
- -How you use it is simple. You just put the lines in the ones,tens,hundreds,thousands and etc. That makes your number. There is no zero so you can't make numbers like 10,20,30,40,50,60,70,etc.
- - This is a positional number system and can become complicated when you have several columns with nothing in.
No zero in the number system
No numbers like 11, 12, 13, 22, or numbers like that from what I have seen.
(I am going to paraphrase this so dont think otherwise) The number system that we have found is the Suzhou number system. Most of the time it is called the Chinese rod numeral system.( hey were a positional system used as a form of shorthand in bookkeeping and accounting, and were popular in markets, particularly in Hong Kong, until the 1990s, since when they have been replaced by Western numerals. These numerals are also known as 花碼 [花码] (huā mă)