Due to the fact that we have added a new assessment in 2015-16, NWEA, that may be a data point for GAP's- the deadline this year to turn in a GAP has been extended to Oct. 30th. They must be submitted in SFS (as they were last year as well).
Teachers, I will email a separate PDF reminding you of the steps if you need a refresher.
Remember: If you are in a grade level that ISTEP tests, then your goal must connect to that data. You may choose any area in which you would like to professionally improve. Math may be a natural fit with PLC's as you will already be collecting/analyzing data in this area.
If you have not already done so, please log into Skyward Employee Access and complete the required Blood-borne Pathogen training. Thanks!
In The Know...
- 9/28 & 9/29: 8:15-8:30 or 4:00-4:15 in the library: required ISTEP security training for all staff (excluding cafe staff). Please choose a time slot that works for your schedule!
- 9/30 ER: 1st PLC!!! Facilitators, be sure you have added your "summary" statement to the group agenda that was shared via Google Classroom.
- 10/1-10/8: Book Fair in project rm
- 10/1 & 10/5: vision screenings
- 10/7 & 10/8: P/T conferences- dinner provided in lounge both nights :) You may want to leave yourself an open slot to eat!
- 10/10- 10/25: FALL BREAK!
- now-10/30: teachers will complete at least one Eleot observation with a colleague
It’s time for some Homecoming Fun!
The Fun Committee would love to have Staff and Students participate in a week of Homecoming Spirit Days!
For Next Week:
Monday – Crazy Sock Day
Tuesday – Favorite Sport Day
Wednesday – Favorite Football Team /Jersey Day
Thursday – Hat day
Friday – Dress like a cheerleader
or football player!
(or wear your CG spirit wear)
Please Tweet out pictures of your class participating with #cghomecoming
- Happy birthday this coming week to Angie Williamson on Sept. 26th!
- Meagan Buchanan for all of her tech support during NWEA! We appreciate being able to count on you!
- Connie, Allison, Carrie, and Heather for representing the Leadership Team and presenting the Eleot to the staff during ER!
- To everyone, especially our outstanding PTO, who made the author visit a success on Monday! Special shout-out to the following people from Elaine (who did an amazing job of introducing Troy Cummings to all of her classes during library time!): Sherry and Meagan B. for the set up, Carrie for her ideas and decorating help, and Melissa for initiating the conversation about the actual balloon goons, and Carly for her awesome artwork!
- Tammy, Shaleen, Jamie, and Elaine for helping out with coverage this past week at dismissal.
- SST team for the very productive meetings this week! Rockstars!
- To everyone completing the NWEA stage 2 training- we know it is time-consuming and we want you to know how much we appreciate your professionalism!
- Don't forget, you can nominate a colleague for Superstar recognition in the Friday Focus, or you can share good news so that we can share in your joy as well!