BE YOUR OWN SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
Manage multiple social networks in one place with HootSuite
Hootsuite helps you tackle MOST things Web 2.0
Convert this business/marketing tool into an educational tool by managing learning opportunities across multiple social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter. Monitor learner interactions and follow individual student performance from a single service provider.
Manage responses, monitor learner interaction, respond in real-time.
Create opportunities for learners to interact and work together via social networks.
Create learning communities where people can share their experiences with learning materials.
How to Use HootSuite as an Educational Tool
Schedule messages and tweets, then analyze your social media traffic in one location. HootSuite can be used as a management platform for an instructor/facilitator. Integrate classroom education and social networking through multiple networking sites. Send scheduled messages via twitter, and have learners respond, discuss, or write about the topic. Have learners interact with each other, monitoring them through hashtags or other social networking tags. Create forums for learners to share links, ideas, articles, etc. Monitor who is posting and when they post. Identify individual learner performance through social analytics.
- Streamlined social network management
- Easy access to analytics
- Options for learner's preferred networks
- Schedule messages, assignments, etc. ahead of time
- Monitor individual learner participation and group interactions
- Basic Plan is free. No monthly fee.
- Appropriate for higher-education and high-school education.
HootSuite Opportunities (for improvement)
- User interface difficult to navigate at first
- Need adequate amount of time set aside at the front-end to schedule out tweets, messages, lessons, etc.
- Not initially designed as an educational tool, so some creativity is necessary.
- Monthly fee required for the more robust program plans.
- May not be appropriate or approved for ALL K-12 learners.
What You Need To Get Started
- Internet Access
- Smart Phone (if you want mobile access)
- Social Network Accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.)
- Email Address (to sign-up)
- Decide between Plans (Free, Pro and Business)
Click the link above for a quick walk-through of the HootSuite sign-up process!