Message from Mission Control
* Thanks for keeping track of your students and contacting those kiddos who are absent! I know it's another step, but it REALLY helps the office, and it shows parents that teachers are taking the time to reach out to check on their child.
* I got delayed last week in getting out the sign up sheet for Clubs, due to being sick. So, I will get that out this week!
* Today is TELPAS training in the library at 3:00 pm. Just a reminder....please do not schedule appointments on Monday afternoons, if at all possible. With testing season in full effect, there may be days when we need to call a meeting, and Mondays are the elected days. I know sometimes appointments can't be avoided, but if, at all possible, we need you to be available on Monday afternoons.
* Happy Counselor's Week to Tammie!! We are SO appreciative of EVERYTHING she does for Elkins and our students!! We love you and appreciate you SO much!
* Valentine parties are this Friday. Parents will not be allowed down to the room until 1:50 unless you let the office know otherwise.
* With the number of students who were out last week, we will have makeups for benchmarks going on this week. Thank you for being flexible, in case some of our interventionists need to cancel classes in order to give the benchmark to student who were out.
* Mon- Wed of next week will be benchmarking. We WILL NOT have extended block next week, since so many people will be helping administer the test. Thanks for your flexibility.
* Sign up to bring something for our our ice cream sundae bar! Sunshine Committee has organized this event for Friday, February 23rd. Sign up sheet is on the door in the lounge!
* TELPAS Calibration is Monday, February 26th. This will be in the computer lab and will be monitored. You CAN bring your notes from the training and your manuals.
* STAAR training is Monday, March 5th. The manuals won't be here before then, and this will allow EVERYONE to make sure they can attend the STAAR training. Please do not schedule dr appts or tutoring/etc. on that afternoon. Thanks so much!!
This year, we will be implementing our GE life principles during announcements, as well as having the opportunity for kids to respond using the white interactive papers in the hallway (formerly used for vocabulary).
Each life principle will be talked about during a 1 week period. You will be getting the schedule sent this week, and it will also be posted on the One Note staff portal. We will discuss on announcements, and students will have the opportunity to write (or draw) how they show this life principle. For example, the first one is self discipline. They can write on the paper how they show or can use self discipline. This will require thinking and application... so it brings in the higher levels. We will talk about the expectations of how this will be used on the announcements, so the students are familiar with what is acceptable.
Just as the vocabulary has been done in the past, the life principles will remain posted on the wall, so that the students can see them and refer back to them. The Elk of the Month will be chosen based on the life principles that have been discussed for the month. Each student chosen will not have to demonstrate ALL of the life principles, but one or more.
This week, our life principle is:
DATES TO REMEMBER
School Counselor's Week
Monday, February 5th:
TELPAS Training- 3:00 in Library
World's Finest Chocolate assembly @ 8:30
Tuesday, February 6th:
Charlie Perryman (SS coordinator) here for SS walks- 11:00
Thursday, February 8th:
Kori off campus at meeting
Friday, February 9th:
Dental Program-Creature Teacher (Kg-2) @ 8:30 in cafeteria
Valentine's Parties @ 1:50
Tuesday, February 13th:
Dr. Chadwell Presentation in Library @ 3:00
Wednesday, February 14th:
Teachers out for reading training (Denham, Fuentes, Niven, Wengert, Clower, Schirico, Hardin)
4th Grade Field Trip
Thursday, February 15th:
Kori off campus at meeting
Wednesday, February 21st:
Hoofbeats performance at Bass Hall (6:00 pm)
Thursday, February 22nd:
Bobby off campus at meeting (AP meeting)
Friday, February 23rd:
Ice Cream Sundae Bar in Lounge
Clubs Today- First rotation of our new clubs
Monday, February 26th:
TELPAS Calibration in the computer lab @ 3:00
Thursday, March 1st:
Kori off campus at training
Friday, March 2nd:
Dr. Suess' Birthday
Kinder Field trip to Zoo
Monday, March 5th:
STAAR Training (ALL STAFF MUST ATTEND)
Thursday, March 8th:
Math/Science Night 6:00 pm