Pottsgrove High School Falcon Marching Band
Week In Review
Please adjust your personal schedule to make CERTAIN there are no conflicts. Please remember that time management is the key to a successful season.
Students, please remember that, as school is just around the corner, you should take advantage of your free time to keep up on your school work, homework, and continue your individual practicing. Remember, missing practice to catch up on work because of bad planning or procrastinating is not acceptable.
Congratulations on your first performance at the Teacher First Day! You performed very well, and you received many compliments.
Schedule for this Week
For all students going to the game: your REPORT TIME is 3:45 PM on Saturday. Please wear a maroon shirt, dark shorts, and sneakers. Any outerwear you bring (sweatshirts or jackets) MUST be Pottsgrove wear.
We will leave promptly at 4:15 PM.
Pick-Up time is 11:00 PM.
Miss America Parade
In order to participate in this event, each band member must have a signed release form submitted. These forms were sent via email on Tuesday morning, and they are also available for download on Charms.
ALL forms MUST be returned by this Thursday, Sept. 3. NO EXCEPTIONS!
IMPORTANT UPDATES: VOLUNTEER CLEARANCES
We do, however, still need clearances from ALL parent volunteers. They are free for volunteers, you simply need to obtain the clearances. All instructions can be obtained on the district website and all forms are now digital. The district website lists all the instructions for which clearances you may need. Please bring photocopies to Mr. Holladay as soon as possible. CLICK HERE for the link to the district website.
No one will be scheduled to chaperone or assist at ANY rehearsal or performance without updated clearances. For the safety of our students, there are NO EXCEPTIONS.
Chaperone Sign Ups
- NO ONE will be scheduled to chaperone ANY band function without up-to-date clearances. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Signing up for a date does not guarantee that you will chaperone that day. We do our best to rotate through all of our volunteers, giving new and returning parents the opportunity to help with the band.
Important Reminders from Your Handbook
- If you are going to miss any part of a rehearsal or performance, please remember that you must submit a note to Mr. Holladay two weeks PRIOR to the scheduled event.
- It is extremely important that you review ALL of the material in your handbook pertaining to uniforms, performances, and football games.
- As a reminder, in an effort to continue looking uniform, you may not wear earrings, necklaces, bracelets, or other visible jewelry while in uniform. Also, no visible fingernail polish, other than clear coat, is to be worn while in uniform. Clear coat with glitter is also prohibited. If you have any questions about the dress code, please ask Mr. Holladay.
- REMEMBER - black band shoes AND black socks are required every time the band is in uniform. White gloves will be made available on Fridays for anyone who needs to purchase them. Flute and clarinet players will need to cut the fingertips out of your gloves in order to play. Leave time to do so if you purchase gloves on Friday, prior to a game.
- All band members should follow these guidelines when loading and unloading the trailer:
1. You should NEVER leave your instruments on the ground outside of the trailer. Each member is responsible for handing their instrument to a parent on the trailer and may NOT leave the trailer area until they see their instrument loaded.
2. Always be courteous!
3. When arriving at school following a performance, you MUST unload the trailer BEFORE proceeding to the band room. The trailer MUST be unloaded FIRST!
- The pick-up times are posted in the Falcon Call in order to allow time for students to arrive back at school, put equipment away, and be ready for pick-up. Please refrain, unless in an emergency, from using the school phones to notify parents that you need to be picked up. Mr. Holladay will do his best to make these pick-up times as generous as possible. Please don’t keep chaperones and staff members waiting here at school longer than necessary.
Following the band’s dismissal to load the bus, any students who have followed the proper guidelines MUST check out with Mr. Holladay, and the person responsible for their transportation must be present.
- September 3 - Rehearsal
- September 4 - NO SCHOOL!
- September 5 - AWAY GAME @ Benjamin Franklin High School
- September 8 - FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
- September 8 - Rehearsal
- September 8 - Trip Payment Due
- September 10 - Rehearsal
- September 11 - FREE FRIDAY NIGHT!
- September 12 - MISS AMERICA PARADE
- September 15 - Rehearsal
- September 17 - Rehearsal
- September 18 - HOME GAME (Military Appreciation Night) vs. Perkiomen Valley HS
- September 19 - MINI CAMP - 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- September 22 - Rehearsal
- September 24 - Rehearsal
- September 25 - AWAY GAME - Phoenixville HS
- September 26 - COMPETITION - Boyertown HS
- September 29 - Rehearsal
- September 30 - 2 Hour Early Release
- October 1 - Rehearsal
- October 2 - HOME GAME (Pink Out Night)
- October 3 - COMPETITION - West Chester East
- October 6 - Rehearsal
- October 8 - Rehearsal
- October 9 - AWAY GAME - Spring-Ford HS
- October 10 - COMPETITION - Marple-Newtown
If you wish to purchase one or more of the items, please order from the Online Store in Charms. Hats are $20, Beanies are $12, and the Ear Warmers are $10. These items are not limited to band students.
We always enjoy seeing our friends and family supporting our organization with pride. So feel free to purchase any of the aforementioned merchandise!
Photos & Videos
2015 Collegiate Marching Band Festival
MANY great bands will perform at this festival, including UMASS, University of Delaware, IUP, and West Chester University. You REALLY don't want to miss this show! Once again, we will have several alumni performing in this festival. We want to have a big crowd to yell their names when they perform.
Tickets are going to be $10.00 if we have at least 20 people attend. If we don't have 20 people sign up, we won't be able to take advantage of this fantastic group rate! We will need to order tickets very soon.
You can order tickets on the Charms Online Store. We will need all interested students, family members, and friends to sign up by Friday, September 11.
2014 CMBF - West Chester University
Matthew Megraw, Stephanie French, Ryan Moser, Victoria Remelius
2014 CMBF - West Chester University
Erin Amole, Jamal Reddick
2014 CMBF - California University of PA
Pottsgrove Music League PTA Meeting
Wednesday, Sep. 2nd, 7pm
1351 North Hanover Street
Miss America Parade
Saturday, Sep. 12th, 5pm
Atlantic City, NJ, United States
Atlantic City, NJ
Boyertown Cavalcade of Bands
Saturday, Sep. 26th, 6pm
120 North Monroe Street
Comprised of 55 students in grades 9 through 12, the Falcon Marching band performs at all home and away football games, local events and parades, and competes in the Cavalcade of Band circuit throughout the fall.
In addition to local performances, the ensemble has had several opportunities to perform on the national stage. Over the past ten years, the band has participated in Washington DC's Cherry Blossom Parade, the Bridgeport Education Holiday Bowl (San Diego, CA), and the Miss America Parade (Atlantic City, NJ). In December, the band will make its first appearance at the 2015 Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl in Atlanta, GA.
For a full schedule of performances, please contact Mr. Victor Holladay, Band Director.