Elem. IF/Prin ERPD Planning
RtI as Our Total School Improvement Model
- I can clearly understand the district's vision for RtI as a total school improvement model.
- I can understand the Tier 1 problem solving model to help grade level teams improve their core instruction.
- I can begin to plan Oct. 2nd ERPD with my team.
6 Critical Components of RtI
- Identify evidence of each of the 6 components in your school and write each on a separate sticky note
- Place your sticky notes on the appropriate chart
Tier 1 Problem Solving 8:10-8:30
(add link to handbook)
add link to erpd wiki
Daily 5 Rotations 8:30-9:00
Read to Self
Read Thank You, Mr. Falker by Patricia Polacco.
Each team will build on the work of the team that has gone before them, so that after all 4 rotations, all words have been sorted. Your team needs to sort 20 words.
- Look over & discuss what the team before you has completed
- Sort the vocabulary cards and place them under the correct heading.
- Select up to 3 words with stars. Discuss and come up with a group definition. Each of you should record the definition, along with a picture/non-linguistic representation of the term.
Work on Writing
AS A TEAM - Make connections with the Team Initiated Problem Solving Model (TIPS) by placing the pieces labeled with components of the ISS Model on the TIPS workmat.
BY YOURSELF - Go to https://docs.google.com/a/iss.k12.nc.us/document/d/1mTK3ZRzgMhMqwL0zEyOv-IwovWFLZNHSgyLvNLs6phI/edit?usp=sharing and read the blog post and post a comment with your response.
Bring your questions about the problem-solving model and new paperwork to this group.
Team Processing & Planning Time 9:30-10:00
Your RtI School Plan - Where are you now? Where are you going? How do you get there?
- Find your school's planning document at the following link:
- Current process - What pieces of your current RtI model are aligned with the Tier 1 Problem Solving Model?
- Vision - What will the RtI model ultimately look like in your school? How will your PLCs collaborate? What will instruction look like?
- How do we get there? - What pieces are missing between our reality and our vision? What are the steps that we need to take to get there?
for Leadership -
- 9/5 Tier 1 core problem solving;
- 9/26 Tier 2-1 (supplemental support) & 3-2-1 (intensive support) and data & documentation;
- monthly PLC focus
for Teachers -
- 10/2 ERPD - RtI overview and Tier 1 core problem solving example;
- PLCs - look at data as it becomes available to determine grade level gaps in core instruction and identify students at risk;
- Oct. school data day - problem solving with support of COMPASS to develop differentiated core instruction plan (and Tiers 2 & 3 for schools who already have children identified)