Bertram Family Connection
October 19th, 2020
10/26-10/29: Red Ribbon Week - Dress Up Days!
10/27: Title 1 Virtual Parent Night 6:00pm-6:30pm
10/29: End of the 2nd 6 Weeks - all student work is due!
10/30: Student Holiday & End of the 2nd Grading Period
11/11: Veteran's Day - No Assembly this year, look forward to a special digital presentation!
11/13: Student Holiday
11/23-11/27: Thanksgiving Break - Campus Closed
News from Bertram
Parent Teacher Conferences
Join Us for Title 1 Virtual Parent Night!
Title 1 Parent Night
Tuesday, October 27⋅6:00 – 6:30pm
Join by phone
(US) +1 331-251-3068 PIN: 734 999 007#
Car Rider Reminders
We appreciate all families participating in this system to allow for a safe and orderly dismissal.
This video gives parents information about the Gifted and Talented Program in Burnet CISD, including Bertram Elementary.
2nd 6 Weeks Progress Reports Available in Skyward
Assignments that are missing at the end of the day on 10/29 will be converted to zeros. Please assist your child with turning in missing work. Your child's teacher can assist you if you need information about the exact assignments that are missing.
Click here to log into Skyward Family Access to view your student's grades, attendance, progress reports, and report cards.
News from Nurse Shelby
For all families: The nurse is accepting donations of new or gently used, clean loose-fitting pants or shorts for boys or girls in sizes 4T-Youth Small/Youth Medium. If you have items to donate, you can send them in your child's backpack with a note that they are for the nurse. Thank you for considering.
Daily In-Person Checklist
- Complete AT HOME self screening before getting on the bus or coming to school.
- Face coverings for all bus riders, and students in grades 1st-5th. Face coverings are strongly encouraged for PreK and Kinder. Remember wearing a face mask reduces your child's chance of having to quarantine for close contact.
- Bring your backpack including water bottle, snack, and lunchbox (if bringing lunch).
Visits to the school are by appointment. We will attempt to address situations by phone or Google Meet. In-person appointments can be scheduled if the situation requires. When visiting campus, please be prepared to show a valid photo ID.
If you do visit the school, face coverings are required for all adults at all times. This includes the office foyer area.
Due to COVID-19, we will not have any on campus volunteers at this time.
We are not accepting deliveries including forgotten lunches (hot meal will be provided by the cafeteria), birthday treats, and food orders.
If you need to make an occasional change to your child's transportation home, please use the Bertram Transportation Change email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Transportation changes must be emailed in no later than 1:30pm. Teachers will not be able to accept transportation changes.
Be familiar with the Arrival & Dismissal Map.
Complete an application for FREE or REDUCED priced lunch here. You can also add money to your child's lunch account by logging here.
Days marked in blue are Staff & Student Holiday OR Make-Up Day for Staff & Students. Students should be available to attend school. This applies to both in-person and remote learners.
Bertram Elementary School
- 7:15am Student Drop Off/ Breakfast
- 7:30am Office Opens by Appointment Only - Please call ahead
- 7:40am School Begins
- 7:45am Students arriving after this time are marked tardy
- 9:00am Students not in attendance are marked absent
- 1:30pm Any transportation changes DUE, please email: email@example.com
- 2:30pm All Early Checkouts must be complete - Remember to bring your picture ID to complete early check out
- 3:25pm Student Dismissal
- 3:45pm Office/School Closes