Davis A&M Family Newsletter
October 24, 2021
Last week we held our Academic Awards assemblies to celebrate student successes during the last quarter. Students received awards for demonstrating the Davis A&M Portrait of a Graduate Characteristics: Positive Contributor, Clear Communicator, Self Advocate, Critical Thinker, and Courageous Learner. Check out our Instagram @TheRealDavisAM to see moments from this celebration.
Crew Advisors will be reaching out to families to schedule Student-Parent-Advisor (SPA) Conferences that will be held on November 3rd and 4th. An SPA Conference is an opportunity for your student to reflect on the quarter, identify strengths and weaknesses, and to work with you and the advisor to set academic or social-emotional goals. Please be on the lookout for communication from your student's advisor to schedule the appointment.
Lots of good stuff below. If you have questions about any of the announcements, please call the school at 216.838.2500
In this Newsletter, you will find information about:
- PSAT for 9th - 11th Graders - THIS TUESDAY!
- 9th & 10th Graders have started Swimming Lessons
- After-School Academic Support
- Complete the Say Yes Cleveland Family Survey
- Homecoming is on October 29th
- Thematic Clubs are Back
- Community Resources & Announcements
- Update Contact Information with Davis A&M
- Year-Round School Calendar Dates
9th -11th Graders, The PSAT is THIS TUESDAY
- Be at school by 7:45 that morning.
- Bring a fully charged computer and their charger to school
- Make sure to eat breakfast that morning
- Make sure to get a good night's sleep the evening before
If you have questions about the PSAT, please contact Ms. Rothbaum at 216.838.2500
YMCA Swimming has started for 9th & 10th Graders
ALL 9th and 10th graders have begun their lessons at the YMCA as part of their gym class. 9th graders swim on either Monday or Thursday depending on their schedule. 10th graders swim on Tuesday or Wednesday depending on their schedule. Please ask your 9th or 10th grader on what day their class goes swimming and make sure they have their swimsuit and towel packed for school.
After-School Academic Support
If you have questions, please email Ms. Bowen at LBowen@DavisAM.org
Complete the Say Yes Cleveland Survey
Parents/Guardians should complete the survey each year. If you have not already done so this year, go to https://cleveland.sytepps.org or scan the QR code pictured to the left. You will need your child's student ID number (found on their school schedule or an old CMSD report card).
If you have additional questions, please contact Ms. Taylor Molton, our Family Support Specialist, at TMolton@DavisAM.org or 216.838.2500.
HOMECOMING IS ON OCTOBER 29th!
Due to COVID/pandemic regulations, we can only sell 100 tickets. Tickets are first come first served, once they sell out, that is it! TICKETS WILL NOT BE SOLD AT THE DOOR. If your student plans on going, they must purchase a ticket in advance.
- Tickets cost $10, this fee covers the DJ, security, and decorations
- Snacks and drinks will be for sale.
- Photos will be for sale. $3 for 1 photo or $5 for 2 photos
- Davis students may bring a guest from another school but must fill out a guest form and the guest must bring some form of ID on the day of the dance.
THEMATIC CLUBS ARE BACK - Is your Student Signed Up?
- FAB LAB
- Boatbuilding & Boating Club
- First Tech Challenge
- Aviation Club
- Drone Club.
Students can join more than one club. To read the details about each club, please click on the 2021_2022 PHASTAR_Davis Clubs document below. If you have questions, please email Joelle McNea at JMcNea@DavisAM.org
Community Resources & Announcements
Cuyahoga County Street Card
Mt. Pleasant MyCom Region Resource Closet
Items available for youth to provide for their families! One child (ages 6-18) per family, please.
Bags will be supplied for transport
East 131st Street Cleveland Public Library Branch
3830 East 131st Street, Cleveland, OH 44120
Open Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 3:30 – 5:30 PM
Stay Connected With Davis
A lot of important messages from the district and the school are being announced. Make sure your contact information is updated so that you receive the latest information.
*To update your address or phone number, please call the school. 216.838.2500
*To receive our school texts, please email LBowen@DavisAM.org with your cell # and your student's name
Year-Round School Calendar Dates:
- 26th: PSAT for 9th - 11th Graders
- 29th: Homecoming
- 11th: Veteran's Day - All CMSD facilities closed
- 12th: Staff Professional Development Day (No School for Students)
- 24th - 26th: Thanksgiving Break